Updating old Droid from 2.0.1 to 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sdorn, Nov 4, 2010.

1. sdorn

sdorn New Member

I have searched on here and other forums, but the search function in discussion forums is almost completely useless unless you already know what you are looking for.

I have a Droid that has been turned off for about six or seven months, long enough that it still has 2.0.1 installed on it. I recently had it reactivated thinking the OTA updates would roll out to it and it would be updated to latest Froyo 2.2 release. However, it has been several days now and no update has hit the phone.

I am trying to locate an RUU or an update.zip that I can run to update the phone to the latest release. If that isn't possible, then I would like to find the updates to get me to 2.1, then to 2.2, and then finally the latest update to add flash. The phone isn't rooted, although I would be willing to root it if that would make things easier. I have rooted Droids in the past and currently use a rooted Droid Incredible as my phone.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

If I were you I would just root it and install a custom 2.2 rom. Rooting 2.0.1 is as easy as it gets and with the unlocked nature of the original droid, t's one of the best phones to root (kernels, themes, roms...etc).