1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Updating from stock ESE81 to FRG01B(noob)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by greengaze, Aug 4, 2011.

1. greengaze

greengaze New Member

Hello, I just received a droid(rooted and with stock firmware and want to update to 2.2)
    I can currently talk and text on metropcs (they flashed the droid).
    I have read the threads and have found very useful information...but I have two questions

1. If I update the droid through the system update on the phone will I have to reflash to metropcs? If so can someone please guide me in the correct direction.

2. Will this update allow me to watch flash videos?...currently when I browse I cannot view flash videos. If no update is needed for this function please let me know how I can implement it.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your suggestions and apologize if these questions have been asked before.
  2. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

Idk about those questions but I can tell u so far that might answer ur questions:
    If its already rooted:
    -u can go into recovery and flash a 2.2 rom (froyo rom)

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
    [ ] Apple iPhone 3g: RedSn0w Jailbreak
    Tapatalk
  3. greengaze

greengaze New Member

I updated to 2.2 thanks for answering ... I have another question though...when I try to use adb remount in the command prompt i get this

remount failed: operation not permitted

I am trying to activate internet and mms on metro pcs and i need to push some files using adb push but I am stuck at this step any suggestions as to why it might not be woorking?
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

How did you update to 2.2? Sounds to me like you allowed the phone to update itself through OTA. That is why the adb remount command doesn't work. You have lost your root access.

If that is the case, you will have to re-root your phone. There's a guide in the Droid Labs section that will help.

good luck
  5. greengaze

greengaze New Member

I rooted and then updated using a method found here on the forums (I was to scared to update through the phone lol) the root and update worked...i was able to fix everything thanks for your help guys. I still have not attempted to add internet and mms if you can point me in the correct direction i would appreciate it. I am currently following these steps but when I complete them nothing happens...

How To: Web, apps, gps, and MAYBE MMS on Moto Droid
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Well, if you are still rooted, try this to get your stuff working:

android - whiterabbit.org

That is the guy that has really tried to put it all in one spot. Apparently kbman has pretty much got it all figured out (he usually does), but you have to have the background knowledge to understand what he is saying.

good luck