Updating facebook on UD 1.0

drini

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just my phone but is anyone else having problems updating facebook using UD 1.0? I've tried uninstalling the facebook app but unsuccessful and tried uninstalling the theme for facebook but it still won't allow it to update. Anyone else having this issue or found a work around?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's because facebook is installed in the system/app folder. You need to move it to the data/app folder and delete the dalvik cache and reboot and then update. Do you know how to do that or do if you need I can give you a more detailed walkthrough.

Edit: Apparently you don't have to delete dalvik-cache, sorry thought you did.

Last edited:
OP
drini

drini

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. If it wouldn't be to much trouble, could you give me a little more of a walk through. I should be able to pick up pretty quickly just need to know where to start.

Thanks

OP
drini

drini

Reaction score
Downloading it now. So all I have to do is move from system/apps to data/apps then delete the file you said. Then install the update. Do I then have to move it again for the theme to work or no?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about the theme, I just kept mine in data/app so I could still receive any future updates. Yeah move it from system/app to data/app, delete the dalvik-cache which is found in the data folder. Reboot, install update, should work. I just did it and it worked for me.

Edit: Don't need to delete dalvik-cache

Last edited:

chadwick108

Reaction score
i installed and was using ud 1.0 and was having trouble with launcher home pro plus allowing to connect to facebook for the launcher pro plus widget. I went back to an old backup and it worked fine. also was having trouble using wireless trouble on that rom. definately going back to the UD if i can get those two things to work. anyone have any suggestions??

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I know the dev for LauncherPro accidentally deleted some key that was needed for facebook. All you have to do is go into preferences>lp widgets>facebook and sign in again and it works. Not sure about your wireless problem.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has anybody inverted this version yet?? I'm really gonna miss Thebowers' fb theme!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

JMody

Reaction score
I've tried to update from the market and I'm getting the install unsuccessful. I've tried moving the Facebook.apk from system/app to data/app as mentioned and that didn't work. I've tried deleting facebook altogether and just installing from the market and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried to update from the market and I'm getting the install unsuccessful. I've tried moving the Facebook.apk from system/app to data/app as mentioned and that didn't work. I've tried deleting facebook altogether and just installing from the market and that didn't work either. Any ideas?
Did you reboot before trying to update or reinstall?

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

JMody

Reaction score
Did you reboot before trying to update or reinstall?

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

I did yea. I actually just tried it again and it didn't work. Tried a 3rd time and it appears to have worked. Thanks for the quick reply!