updating custom roms through rom manager?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Natandroid, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Natandroid

Natandroid New Member

Does updating roms through rom manager save all your settings and apps or do you have to set it up again?
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

I always wipe data and cache, this means you have to reinstall all of your apps and you will lose data. This ensures a nice clean install. I know it sound like a lot of work but you'll be happier with the end result of wiping. There are apps in the market to back data & apps up. Titanium backup and mybackup pro. I use mybackup pro. Good Luck
  3. Natandroid

Natandroid New Member

so what u r saying is, im currently running ultimate droid v9 and if i update to v10 i would have to set up again?
  4. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Oh I thought you wanted to SWITCH Roms...you don't need to wipe...although I never run that ROM so I may be wrong. Try without wiping you should be good,since you are just updating.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  5. Natandroid

Natandroid New Member

ok thx for your help.
  6. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

Important!!

PLEASE dont use ROM manager to update to the current UD. Its not official, its not approved by the Dev, and you dont know if it harm your phone. please get it off this forums only its the only wait to get it officially.
  7. dave4100

dave4100 New Member

I downloaded it and it probably is the fastest and smoothest of all the roms I've downloaded. Unless somebody planted a virus or a time bomb in the rom manager version, I haven't found any glitches yet. I also had a boat load of programs and data that I brought back down from titanium backup. Now, I probably will switch to something else when a new rom update comes from someone else, but for now, loving this one. Like I said, no problems yet. Seems much faster too.