updates?

hortonj54

Reaction score
So I keep reading about the OTA update that is supposed to be out now in some areas. I have also read about the upgrade to 2.0 or 2.1 in the first quarter of next year.

First what problems are being fixed? I really haven't come across anything that wasn't my own user error.

And what will be the difference in having 2.0 or 2.1 besides having google nav?

I'm just really curious. I'm all for upgrading, but I wanna know what difference I am going to see.

I love this phone by the way.

rcklss1

Reaction score
This is what is fixed in the update....

While on a call and the phone's in screensaver mode, pressing the End key takes it out of screensaver mode. A second press ends the call.
In-call mute and speakerphone icon "enhanced."
First-call delay after initial activation should be fixed.
Better switch from 1x to 3G.
Don't have to select a default e-mail after a soft reset.
Better SMS and MMS delivery.
80-character SMS and MMS subject lines now allowed.
Better picture messaging from LG phones.

I came to the eris from the moto droid and the differences are:

2.0/2.1-
Faster
more responsive
better integration among apps(IMO)
built in battery monitor( tells you which apps are using the most battery power so you can adjust accordingly; yes i know 1.5 and 1.6 has apps for this but like i said this comes down to 2.0's better integration)
lock screen is a rotary style selection for sound on/vibrate and unlock(2.1 changes the clock and now adds two drawer style tabs to control sound and lock instead of the rotary setup)
google nav(fast, accurate, convenient: some people say that google nav isnt accurate- i live in the pocono's of pennsylvania in the middle of nowhere literally and i had no problem with google nav finding me or tracking me and was always within 100 ft of my location just as good as if not sometimes better than my garmin.

Hope this helps...