Updates to "Chrometophone" and "google search" not installing

goodBEan

Reaction score
I am not sure if this thread belongs here or "droid apps" section, beacuse I think Lithium mod could be the main cause.

I am currently running lithium mod and I noticed on the market that there are updates to "Chrome to phone" and Google search. when I try to install them, they don't work. I get the message " installation of XXX is unsuccessful" every time I try to update these two apps. I am also wondering if i going to have this problem updating other apps.

How do I fix this?

chewy74

Reaction score
Try clearing market cache and data. Go to /menu/setting/application/manage application /click the all tab and find the market app and clear data and cache and try updating again

RoyR80

Reaction score
I am not sure if this thread belongs here or "droid apps" section, beacuse I think Lithium mod could be the main cause.

I am currently running lithium mod and I noticed on the market that there are updates to "Chrome to phone" and Google search. when I try to install them, they don't work. I get the message " installation of XXX is unsuccessful" every time I try to update these two apps. I am also wondering if i going to have this problem updating other apps.

How do I fix this?

Use absolute sys to remove old, then market install new. if they wont install, reboot after delete, then market install.
after u've done this, (market install, new updates will not require this process)

OP
G

goodBEan

Reaction score
Try clearing market cache and data. Go to /menu/setting/application/manage application /click the all tab and find the market app and clear data and cache and try updating again

Didn't work. it even said "chrome 2 phone" wasn't signed correctly.

Use absolute sys to remove old, then market install new. if they wont install, reboot after delete, then market install.
after u've done this, (market install, new updates will not require this process)

IT WORKS THANK YOU.

google search widget is no longer black, but its updated and it works.

Last edited:

RoyR80

Reaction score

Didn't work. it even said "chrome 2 phone" wasn't signed correctly.

IT WORKS THANK YOU.

google search widget is no longer black, but its updated and it works.

Sorry, forgot to warn bout it wont be themed. :-/

xKoldFuzionx

Reaction score
I had the same problem. But I only started getting this problem after trying one of the themes. Ice noticed that both the blue and green themes do it.I figured it was something to do with the themes version of the app. I'll have to give that a try as well. Doesn't bother me that it's not themes as much as it bothers me that I can't update it.

I did notice however that on the green theme, it uninstalled chrome to phone and wouldn't let me reinstall it.

If I wipe it out, will I have to do that process for all my nandroid backups, or will it only have to be done once?

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk