1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Updated] ZTE Officially Unveiled 5.7" Grand Memo; with Snapdragon 600

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here is a launch that almost got lost in the hustle and bustle of MWC yesterday. The ZTE Grand Memo was fairly easy to overlook, since ZTE isn't one of the big named OEMs. Plus, the device itself is very large, (5.7-inches), so folks might tend to pre-judge/dismiss it prematurely. T̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶h̶a̶b̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶q̶u̶a̶d̶-̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶n̶a̶p̶d̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶p̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶l̶c̶o̶m̶m̶.̶ Despite the oddity of the device, we can't wait to see some benchmarks for it, just to see how much power that new Qualcomm chip is packing. Here's a full press release with spec-list,

Other than a weak resolution on the display, these specs are nothing to scoff at. Share your thoughts.

[Updated: Although we doubt most of you will care too much about this. It turns out that ZTE's own press release was wrong and this new device will not come with the Snapdragon 800, but will instead come with the Snapdragon 600 chip. We felt it prudent to share this updated info. Oddly, even though ZTE themselves backtracked, they have not issued a revised press release, so we will leave it as is below.]