Updated youtube app won't install

craym87

Reaction score
I searched first... Can't find a way to install the updated youtube app from the market. Tried deleting from system/apps with root explorer, rebooting and the market app still won't install. I flashed back to cm 6 in nandroid and did the same (deleted the apk, reboot, install from market) that worked. Tried then taking that updated apk over to shadowrom. No dice. ideas?

wadsface

Reaction score
I did this as well, and even after you reboot, do you still have the YouTube app in your drawer? If so uninstall it, through Android (I did launcherpro trash hover) and it should install correctly after that.

drpaul07

Reaction score
hmm, thats weird that it worked fine in one rom and not the other. I'm using a different rom than the two you've used and the only thing i did differently is i deleted the file in /data/dalvik-cache that had 'Youtube' in its name. So i deleted that plus the apk in /system, then rebooted, then installed from market. Don't know if that makes any difference but i guess you could try?

OP
C

craym87

Reaction score
I did this as well, and even after you reboot, do you still have the YouTube app in your drawer? If so uninstall it, through Android (I did launcherpro trash hover) and it should install correctly after that.
Its not in my app drawer....
hmm, thats weird that it worked fine in one rom and not the other. I'm using a different rom than the two you've used and the only thing i did differently is i deleted the file in /data/dalvik-cache that had 'Youtube' in its name. So i deleted that plus the apk in /system, then rebooted, then installed from market. Don't know if that makes any difference but i guess you could try?

I'll give it a try.

Thanks both of ya.
(that was quick)

wadsface

Reaction score
Yea, even after Root Explorer system/app and a reboot, it was still in there for me. Uninstalling that fixed me, good luck though!

OP
C

craym87

Reaction score
Alright.
It was saying that the new youtube will replace the current app when I try to install the apk. I don't have it anymore!?

Tried deleting everything found in a search of the word youtube in root explorer. Didn't work. Rebooted in to recovery, cleared dalvik for good measure. Nope.

Then I restored yesterdays backup. Uninstalled youtube and rebooted then installed just fine. Weird because before reverting to the backup it wasn't in the app drawer or in system/apps.

Gonna have to attribute this one to user error. Glad I had a recent backup.

Thanks for the help and quick replies!

JMUDroid

Reaction score
Dang it. I uninstalled and then deleted the cached version in Titanium... Anyone know where I can find an APK of the old one without completely reinstalling gapps (if that would even work without redoing the entire ROM)?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dang it. I uninstalled and then deleted the cached version in Titanium... Anyone know where I can find an APK of the old one without completely reinstalling gapps (if that would even work without redoing the entire ROM)?
Just download it from the Market

Caesarg

Reaction score
New Youtube app

Is anyone else having issues loading the new youtube app? I have tried on numerous times to load it. It downloads but then continually says installation unsuccessful. I am running UD X8.0 on a droid1. I have tried to clear market data and deleted the previous youtube but no dice. Problem now is I have no youtube app. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JMUDroid

Reaction score
Because I deleted the old one from my phone and apparently the new one replaces the old one, so I need the old one to install the new one.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those having trouble... have you cleared data and cache in Market?

menu > settings > applications > manage applications > filter > all > scroll down to Market.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because I deleted the old one from my phone and apparently the new one replaces the old one, so I need the old one to install the new one.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think you need to have the old one installed.

JMUDroid

Reaction score
Those having trouble... have you cleared data and cache in Market?

menu > settings > applications > manage applications > filter > all > scroll down to Market.

Doesn't work. It's not a problem with the market. I can find the new version with no problem. The problem is that installs unsuccessfully every time. I've rebooted several times and still no luck. The only thing I can think of is that it's not finding the old version on my phone since many people have reported success after uninstalling, but not deleting, the old version.