Updated wife's stock phone to 2.2 b ut the battery died.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now the stock bootlader is up and it says code corrupt ..battery low...cannot program

I have it now plugged into the wall.

Question being, can I just wait a bit until the battery charges and then upload Froyo manually? Or did I hose the phone?

I had it plugged in when I updated, I guess the battery didn't have enough to handle the workload of the update.

And.. is it even charging? THe light is on there by the charger port so I figure yes but I might as well ask.

Can I yank my battery (same phone) and put it in hers and carry on?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Now the stock bootlader is up and it says code corrupt ..battery low...cannot program

I have it now plugged into the wall.

Question being, can I just wait a bit until the battery charges and then upload Froyo manually? Or did I hose the phone?

I had it plugged in when I updated, I guess the battery didn't have enough to handle the workload of the update.

And.. is it even charging? THe light is on there by the charger port so I figure yes but I might as well ask.

Can I yank my battery (same phone) and put it in hers and carry on?
Got another Droid around? ;) Maybe one with a better-charged battery? If so, swap batteries and charge the dead one in the other phone and see what her phone says with the fresher battery.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok hold on, I'll switch em out. I got 90% juice left.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hahaha.. i never noticed it says "hacking your phone"...

my battery is the shizzle. I can bang out 3 days on my phone. SHE CANT HAVE IT

Now, will the phone boot

not looking good. Let me try a little something something

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
And by the way, I hate you with your battery life. I ran mine today at conservative all day long and I still had only 30% after just over 13 hours with twenty minutes on the charger this morning from a 100% charge.

If that makes no sense, sorry, I've put in a (at the moment) 16.5 hour day on no sleep and most of it behind the wheel of a car/truck. :)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got a droid X bootanimation.. but I never saw a M logo, just a white screen. Dunno about this. Yep it's a Moto Droid.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now i'm pissed though cause I get 1 bar where I am and she gets full bar 3g.

Somehow someway. I have her running UD 7.0 via SP Revoery... I still dont get the no M logo thing. Maybe I will reboot and see what it does.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And by the way, I hate you with your battery life. I ran mine today at conservative all day long and I still had only 30% after just over 13 hours with twenty minutes on the charger this morning from a 100% charge.

If that makes no sense, sorry, I've put in a (at the moment) 16.5 hour day on no sleep and most of it behind the wheel of a car/truck. :)

Dunno know why but I did a full wipe and installed UD 7.0 and Juice Defender and my battery life is insane. Now, my wife will love UD, even though she has no idea what it is. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Glad to help. I looked at Juice Defender and went "nah". I do most of those things manually anyway, and when it comes right down to it I don't like losing some of those features.

My phone's battery is weak. I've known that since day one. I guess I'll just have to replace it one of these days. :)

(still jealous) lol