[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

Coupe

Reaction score
Where else can I take my Rezound and the wife's new 4s iPhone? We spent real money on these and once the current contract renewal is up we may find these phones are useless on other networks, that's a Double whammy.

But, I'm done with smartphones if I need to consider usage at at all.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Okay there's a petition going around...um good luck with that. They seem to have their mind made up on this one. Here's the deal. If the price is right it may not be too bad. 2-3gb under $100 isn't bad to me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay there's a petition going around...um good luck with that. They seem to have their mind made up on this one. Here's the deal. If the price is right it may not be too bad. 2-3gb under $100 isn't bad to me.

I don't understand what you mean...you can currently get 2 GB (or 4 if you get the double data promo) for $30. Why would you think getting 2-3 GB for $100 would be a better deal?

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
syndicate0017 said:
I don't understand what you mean...you can currently get 2 GB (or 4 if you get the double data promo) for $30. Why would you think getting 2-3 GB for $100 would be a better deal?

With all the extra expenses your bill will be well over $100 bucks. I'm not speaking plans but bill in total. I went to see if getting off my unlimited would lower my bill depending on how much data I used. Nope my bill would be roughly the same. That's what I'm saying.

monkey_man

Reaction score
I don't read all posts, but here is what I gather so far:

1.Jumping Ships (Carriers) w/ fear that they will follow suit in the future. This to me very stupid comment. We all know future are always unpredictable, but what we know is that Competitions are good for laissez faire. There will always be new Carriers in US and new market will always compete to give better result to attract costumers to their brand. If Sprint follow suit, then I will jump to Charter Wireless. I will go to carriers that give the best result for me. Same with the death of retailers giants such as Circuit City, Best Buy, Mervyn, and etc; so beware Wireless Carriers. I am not attached to this thing as this is just luxury. I have razr maxx along with 4 other lines as they are affordable and Unlimited.

2. You can move to whatever carriers you like if you are new to Verizon or a single phone owner with Verizon. Outside that and Verizon give the damn best price in the market today. They are not that dumb after all :biggrin: well that goes to the old execs or while the company still small cuz now it's pure idiotic so I hope they changed CEO or something :).

3. Other carriers charge you an upgrade fee too, just like what I posted earlier that even thought Verizon are the last carrier to charge upgrade fee, Verizon's phones are more expensive than their competitors for 2 years contract.

Here are important things to consider:

1. If your Monthly payment for your minutes are way cheaper than what they offer now then don't move as you are doing them a favor. (I think this what killed them in the first place, but who wants to pay more when the company play the loyalty card with us :biggrin: of which am very grateful:icon_ lala:.)

2. If your company are partnering with Verizon and not with different carriers, then don't move as you end up paying more without company discount.

3. I have these phone for a reliability purposes. This means that whenever am on call or having an emergency, I can make a call without getting cut or no signals trouble. Ask your friends that own a phone with different carriers to see if they are having such problem. If they don't have such problem, then move as you don't have unlimited anyways.

Kimo91

Reaction score
And a big thank you goes out to those bragging about using upwards of 100GBs a month of data on unlimited plans.

Well spoken, thanks goes out to the abusers of the unlimited plan and bragging how you pulled the wools over big reds eyes...for that big handful of jerks we all get the paddle across our arses

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

monkey_man

Reaction score
I don't don't know how other people do it, but for me I just don't see how it is possible to use 4g and use less that 20 gigs a month.. 10 if I used my phone like 3 days a month. 4g sucks down data like it sucks down battery. I don't know how anyone could stay under 10 gigs let alone 4 or 5

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I used to be able to hold off my data usage to 5GB as that's what I thought to be the "taboo cap" with my Bionic. Once I knew that it's not cap, I still able to use below 10GB like around 6 to 7 GB. Of course I don't use it to watch DVD/BD like movie as those thing will hog alot.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
padawan0620 said:
This is just like when ATM cards came out. They were free at first then when people starting them heavily and basically "couldn't live without them" the banks knew they had us. The fees started coming and we accepted them (for the most part.) VZW saw that we "couldn't live without them" and realized "we have them right where we want them."

Honestly, banks have always been crap. MOST credit unions won't do those types of fees, and if they do, they make up for it in other services such as lower rates, higher dividends, or other free services. Switch from banks, and you won't be near as shafted.

musclemilk

Reaction score
Wouldn't they have to wait until you upgrade?

Recently I have been buying phones third party.

monkey_man

Reaction score
For those that are trying to make war with other users. I am not lol don't get ridiculous! We must Unite against their greed! Why Blockbusters, slackers, Netflix, and Google Network stuff are pre-installed to our phone? They just want more money as this is what many carriers around the world are doing. I feel sorry that now we are so detached where we used to fight the so called Robber Barons and hailed Captains of Industry.

wooooowwe

Reaction score
Wouldn't I be able to get out of my contract because it is a policy change.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cdm369

Reaction score
Im sorry but if im paying 200$ a month for 3 lines i should be able to use my phone. My 3 phones together pull about 7 gigs a month. I dont want to have to worry about going over on a tiered plan.