[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

DroidMomof9

Reaction score
other than getting a 15% discount... which is $13.50 a month.... we are paying the standard amount.... 5 phones (1 basic phone) $80 for 700 minutes and unlimited text.... $30 for data x's 4 (1 is unlimited).... About 1 month ago, we went down to the 700 minutes. We did not get any special discounts... so we are comparing "apples to apples" I was wrong about the $225 (that was 2 basic phones and 3 smart) I forgot to add my husbands new data plan..... so it would be $255? before discount....

But if we have 12gb data + unlimited right now, we can NOT get anything close to $250 on the share everything.....$250 a month would give us 2gb data to share.....

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
DroidMomof9 said:
other than getting a 15% discount... which is $13.50 a month.... we are paying the standard amount.... 5 phones (1 basic phone) $80 for 700 minutes and unlimited text.... $30 for data x's 4 (1 is unlimited).... About 1 month ago, we went down to the 700 minutes. We did not get any special discounts... so we are comparing "apples to apples" I was wrong about the $225 (that was 2 basic phones and 3 smart) I forgot to add my husbands new data plan..... so it would be $255? before discount....

But if we have 12gb data + unlimited right now, we can NOT get anything close to $250 on the share everything.....$250 a month would give us 2gb data to share.....

It looks like your price per month before taxes and fees is $280. No savings for you, but VZW has more of your money. :-(

monkey_man

Reaction score
I don't know what's the need anymore fighting for UD.... It's not as fun as its used to be. Many Companies knelt down to Verizon's demand where many Videos applications need to be connected via Wifi in order to work. ICS release via OTA was so buggy and flash is not as good as its used to be either. Since I don't have texting fee, Verizon will charge me $$$/texting received. With Gingerbread, I can turn off texting feature in call settings. With ICS, I can't find the option to disable. Every calls I receive now will give me three options ( Answer, text, and ignore). I suspect human error in clicking the wrong button soon. The same horrible experience I had when I owned BB Storm, where I contacted 911 even though the phone was in its pouch. Let's hope things get better fast.

flamewalker

Reaction score
Eek... Can they go back and deny an order like that after it has already been processed, and when they said orders placed before the 28th can keep their plans? I mean, I k ow they can... They can do whatever they want... But this just screams slimeball tactics...

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
flamewalker said:
Eek... Can they go back and deny an order like that after it has already been processed, and when they said orders placed before the 28th can keep their plans? I mean, I k ow they can... They can do whatever they want... But this just screams slimeball tactics...
False report, trust me, don't trust BGR, they are cluless.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Because I don't think VZW will take away unlimited. Not how they've operated in the past. And what is different that would cause them to do it 6 months from now, but not 6 months ago? They'll dangle the carrots to get more and more people to willingly give-up unlimited, until it's too small of a group to care about any more. They already got us for $10-$15/mo more when they axed the subsidy.

This rumor/hate bs has been going on for over 3 years now. If only had a nickel for every time...

Darryl_B

Reaction score
Don't really bother me to much because after 10+ years with them I am tired of their threats they are getting a little to big for their boots in my opinion so I will be leaving them very soon .......If more did this its the only thing that gets to them you got to hit them were it hurts in the pocket book the only thing they understand is $$$$$$$$$ just my opinion but thats the opinion that counts for me :)