[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 16, 2012.

1. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    No.

Unless you change phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

2. MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. droidxd00d

droidxd00d Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Honestly I'm sick of VZW. They don't get any good phones anymore since the nexus, they are killing us with fees, and now the only thing I was still on VZW for is going away? Guess I have to.figure out if sprint.has good service in my area because I know AT&T does not.

4. zacedward

zacedward Member

Ratings:
    +7
    They are going to lose a lot of buissness if they do that no good

5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,744
    20 or so so far in this thread threaten to leave. Even if, though I highly doubt they all will, they all leave, let's say 1 million customers leave,Verizon will still have in excess of 80 million customers will still be on board and manyof those that leave will be data hogs only increasing Verizon's bottom line potential.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

6. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I will switch because of this. They talked me into getting unlimited data on 3 lines, because my rep (city line avenue, phila pa) told me ALL my lines would be grandfathered in. 3 lines still have 3g plans and use barely any data. I was betting on my kids usage growing and not having to worry in the future. They drop this **** on me and I will leave and smack that rep in his mouth.

I'm gonna call tomorrow and check into this. I may just pay the ETF, sell these phones and switch. At this point, I may just go to Cricket or Boost or maybe even Metro. My bill is WAY over 250.00 a month as it is. I refuse to worry about unexpected fee's with my phone. I pay out of my ass now for the piece of mind that unlimited data and texting give me.

7. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    I'm pretty sure a service change this dramastic would require us to consent to the change or terminate our service without an Early Termination Fee if they forced it mid contract. I can't remember what it was for, but I do remember getting an email about halfway though my Droid 1 contract asking me to sign in and agree to a change in the terms of my contract or call them if I disagree and I could terminate my service with no fees.

8. crwys

crwys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My upgrade is early next year.
    If they don't offer me unlimited data for 4G, I will leave and go to sprint with no regrets.

9. mikedav1

mikedav1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at the same shop, bill sounds familiar. Clear is down the street. ATT in BC shopping center. We're surrounded. Might be time to take a look-see at their offerings.

10. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    My talk of jumping ship really has nothing to do with "sticking it to Verizon", "Talking with my Wallet", or going elsewhere for my unlimited data. Like MissionImprobable said a few posts back - with most things being equal in major metro areas between the major carriers the one thing that kept me on VZW was the data plan. If that is taken away from me, there isn't much else to keep me from going to a carrier that has a device that I want.

I couldn't care less if VZW notices I changed carriers or not because I will be happy with my new device that they probably will never have and definitely never update it if they do release it.

11. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Just when you thought Verizon couldn't get any lower...ending unlimited data when they previously said that everyone will be grandfathered in...sounds like Verizons CEO should start a career in politics, he'd fit right in with with all the false promises...
    If they somehow force everyone to switch even midcontract then I'm absolutely saying bye bye Verizon, hello att or sprint...sprint for unlimited data, att for better service (att not only is working on LTE but they also have the fast hspa+ to fall back on where you can't get LTE yet)

12. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +682
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G4
    To me its not about sticking it to big red, its about me not wanting to get screwed over so royally. Yes, every company will try to screw me over, but with Verizon lately, it seems like they are doing it at an accelerated pace. Obviously Verizon won't go under because I leave and many people won't care, but I do and I have the ability to take my business elsewhere. If sprint had any kind of good service in my area, I'd go to them, but they don't.

Search tags for this page
is verizon eliminating unlimited data plan
is verizon getting rid of unlimited texting
unlimited data
verizon eliminating 3g

verizon eliminating grandfathered unlimited data

verizon eliminating unlimited data

verizon g3 update
verizon screw everyone plan
when will verizon eliminating unlimited data
when will verizon get rid of unlimited data plan