Updated to GB

mjs1015

Reaction score
are you trying to root the OTA? If you are did you try d3 one click root? I don't understand how you can have the superuser apk without being rooted.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

brooklynprkid

Reaction score
My d2 was rooted prior to the gb update, the gb installed automatic. Now my w/t does not work

mjs1015

Reaction score
Oh ok got it. The only thing I can think of is a factory reset. Then try it.

OP
B

brooklynprkid

Reaction score
I was told that a factory reset will only "clean" all information I've put into my d2, once an OS in installed you can not go back to the old OS, at least that's why I was told

mjs1015

Reaction score
Right. That will get rid of the superuser apk. Hopefully starting fresh will allow you to successfully root.

mjs1015

Reaction score
Under settings select backup assistant and sync. Look on the market for backup apps to make sure what you want won't be lost.

Raditude

Reaction score
My mother has the Droid 2 Global. I rooted it and installed Wireless Tether but left everything else stock.

She just received the GingerBread Update, and now it's unrooted, and Wireless Tether doesn't work.

I've tried the One Click Root on my Mac, but it's giving me this error message:

Code:
Last login: Thu Sep 15 17:59:52 on ttys000
Raditudes-MacBook-Pro:~ raditude$ /Users/raditude/Downloads/droid_easy_root_v7d/run_to_root_your_droid3.sh ; exit;
! Error
!
! You must extract the entire contents of the zip file and then run this script
! from the directory where the zip was extracted.
logout

[Process completed]

Thing is, I have extracted the whole zip file and running them all from the same folder.

I've also tried the Windows version, but upon running, it says "Fatal Error."

This is a fresh copy of Windows XP Home SP2. Since re-installing, I haven't opened a browser so there should be no viruses or spyware.

mjs1015

Reaction score
When you pull up the folder that has the one click root in it there should be a tab that says extract. Click that then run the program.