1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Updated to 2.2, how do I downgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TomatoSoup, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TomatoSoup

TomatoSoup New Member

I basically installed the 2.2 OTA copy of Froyo before looking a bit further and now want to downgrade so I can get Froyo rooted. Can anybody give me a clear answer on how I would go about doing this? I understand the concepts behind stuff like SPRecovery, but I don't know if I can safely use the ESE81 SPRecovery on Froyo and whatnot. Can anybody help me?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

The sprecovery .sbf isn't for any build. You should be able to flash it and then flash a backup if you made one or some other ROM of your chosing.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  3. TomatoSoup

TomatoSoup New Member

No, I have no backup, I was never rooted before. Now my droid doesn't recognize the battery, can't get cell reception, can't drop down the system bar, and the system process crashes and hangs repeatedly.
  4. jopie916

jopie916 New Member

I manually installed the official 2.2 OTA over my stock (non-rooted) 2.1. After that I decided to root the phone for the first time... Used RSDLite + SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf. Worked great except I don't have a backup of anything before 2.2

I'm running Bugless Beast right now... love it.
  5. justinevan88

justinevan88 New Member

Also interested in the downgrade process. I want bb. Should have rooted before 2.2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. jopie916

jopie916 New Member

justinevan88,

That's exactly what I did. I used the 2.1 root instructions (RSDLite + SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf method to root, then installed BB)
  7. justinevan88

justinevan88 New Member

Oh haha ok. I guess I'm uneducated in the process. Its the exact same as rooting 2.1?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
downgrade droid 2 global from 4.4

droid 2 global downgrade

how downgrade motorola dorid 2 global to 2.2

how downgrade motorola droid global 2 to 2.2