Updated to 2.2 FRG22D

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by JacobAaron, Sep 6, 2010.

1. JacobAaron

JacobAaron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to go back to an earlier version so I can use easyroot. Will this be an easy or hard process? Should I just get the courage to go ahead and root the right way already?

Thanks for the help.
  2. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hello Jacob,

Rooting the droid without easy root is very easy these days. Plus you dont have to go back to an earlier version to do so. The time it would take you to go back to an earlier version and then use easy root would be the same time it would take to root your phone right now the way it is. There is a great step by step guide linked in my signature. You should actually do it this way because not only will you be rooted when done. You will actually have learned a little more about the setup of your phone. I was one of those people that said oh man rooting is to hard for me I just need the one step app to do it. But I went ahead and did it the manual way and it was super easy plus I learned a ton in the process. Give it a try you will be happy you did. If you have any questions about the guide let me know.
  3. wrightperspective

wrightperspective Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had easy root then moved up to FRG22D and broke root. I went back to stock 2.0.1, upgraded all the way back up to frg22d and decided not to root but then used that guide and it was much easier than it seemed.