Updated the SDK, and lost everyhting...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by icculusX, Jun 24, 2010.

1. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

So last night with the excitement of the 2.2 release I decided to update my SDK. So I opened it up and clicked to download and install everyhting. Now, I have all of my newest Luna Theme XMLs, uncompressed 9-patch PNGs, other PNGs, and notes on everyhting very well organized in a folder in my sdk/tools directory (just because it was easier that way). Well guess what, the updating finished and in doing so it (for some reason) decided to wipe EVRYTHING in my tools folder... I lost it all.

I have windows, and tried to restore to yesterday, and that gave me a few folders back but there were no files in them, uhhhgg! It's not the worst thing because I am running the latest Luna Theme on my phone now and I have an update.zip with all the files, but still the organization and notes were very important to me, and for anyone who knows how annoying it is to re-draw 9-patch files... it sucks.

So anyway, the newest Luna Theme will still be released with the new from sourch 2.2 ROM, however it might now be as complete as I had desired. Having the uncompressed 9-patch files was ket to making the theme avalable in any color wanted. Time to get back to work, again...

Beware of the SDK, and always back things up 10 times...:blink:
  2. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Look in the Android SDK/Temp directory, there may be a backup of the old tool directory there.
  3. icculusX

Unfortunately that folder is completely empty. And I did a search for exact names of some files and folders I used and they were not found anywhere, including the trash... Oooh computers. Love/Hate.
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Where did you have your eclipse workspace saved to? Your raw .9 images should be in there unless you had the saving to your SDK. Leason learned here is to save to a flash drive ;)
  5. icculusX

Hey, yea I never even used eclipse, just used photoshop or 9patch to edit and draw out, then xUltimate to compile them. The entire xUltimate 9-patch compiler and all my raw 9's were right in the tools.

Yes, again I learned to save things in 10 places, however I have to blame google for this one, I mean why would you make an update program erase EVERYTHING without even telling you or putting it anywhere... back to re-drawing

(possible to un-compile a .9??)