1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Updated SwypeInstaller and Swype Application Released

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 7, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Swype has just released an updated SwypeInstaller and Application to include several bug fixes and new features. Some of these features include:

INSTALLER v.1.1.15121
    Revised installer workflow. Users can now enable Swype and select it as the default input method from within the Swype installer.
    The installer now includes a repair feature. If a previous installation failed, or if the existing Swype BETA installation is broken (missing/corrupt license, etc), the installer will attempt to resume the installation process and repair any broken elements.
    Clarified error messages to give a more accurate description of the specific problem encountered.
    Added links to the tutorial and tips-and-tricks videos to the end of the installation.

SWYPE BETA v2.15.56.14870
    Added support for new installer features, such as version checking and installation repair.
    Merged the most recent changes from trunk (mostly device-specific bugfixes)

Thanks for the heads up Rich!
  2. DJStormX

DJStormX New Member

My Droid X and 2 came with this preloaded....will the same directions work to uninstall and install the update?
  3. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ill have to give it another shot.
  4. tb110895

tb110895 New Member

How do I do this?
    Droid 2
  5. icebluemale30

icebluemale30 New Member

is there a way to install this on DROID 2 ?
  6. billy22

billy22 New Member

tried installing on droid x and wouldn't work
  7. tarheelmike

tarheelmike New Member

up your swype! Tired of your snubbing of Incredible owners that did not get in on the initial beta. No telling how much money you has missed out on. Just tired of the BS trying to get what really is a great keyboard.
  8. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

I've actually used Swype since it came out, but yesterday i tried without and find i'm better without it. Swype has gotten worse - i'm ALWAYS getting pop-ups now.
  9. souljerr

souljerr New Member

I've also been on the beta since day one. I personally think things are more responsive. What type of pop-ups are you getting?
  10. wierdo124

wierdo124 New Member

Asking what word i want, telling me i should remove this word from my dictionary, all that crap together slows texting down a lot.
  11. souljerr

souljerr New Member

You know you can turn those settings off. Makes things a lot quicker.
  12. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

This installation was the fastest it's ever happened. Normally I get the "You already have a version of Swype installed. Please remove and reinstall" message 4-5 times before it installs. Last month I cleared home defaults, powered downed, rebooted and used the stock home with no widgets and it installed fine. This time I merely launched the stock home (via Home Switcher) and pressed the installer. It updated and installed Swype. I liked how it paused to get the license.

I've used Swype for some time and really like it.
  13. DarkJeckyll

DarkJeckyll New Member

I would like to know this also
  14. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

I think if your phone came with swype, you can't get these updates. The updates are for the betas, but the swype that comes preloaded isnt a beta. That is my understanding.
  15. jbg25

jbg25 New Member

Correct...we Beta users are the lab rats. That is why the Beta is closed...but still getting updates. They fix all the bugs they find in the pre-loaded versions on the Droid X and other phones and push it to us for testing before pushing the updates to them.

As for why they never released this to the market....I believe I read somewhere that when they signed the agreements to have this keyboard preloaded by certain manufacturers...they agreed never to release it to the market. I am sure if this is the case...they were handsomely compensated for that sacrifice with a giant check that would take millions of users to pay for the keyboard to equal....and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any app has reached a million downloads yet....let alone a paid app.
  16. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I've been using swype since the second update of the beta (well technically the first beta b/c it was leaked). I signed up for the beta testing and have been using it as my main keyboard ever since. My one complaint (very small) is that it seems to lose all of the custom words you add to the dictionary when you update from one to another.
  17. tarheelmike

tarheelmike New Member

dancedroidFinally Swype opened the beta again! Got the email overnight installed this morning and am finally enjoying a released version of Swype:icon_ banana:
  18. tedZilla99

tedZilla99 New Member

I installed the Beta last night, worked great. Got the new Verizon update this AM, now Swype not working. I can use the keys individually like the Android keyboard, but Swyping is not working. Anyone else having this problem?
  19. tedZilla99

tedZilla99 New Member

I just cleared data, uninstalled Swype and Swype installer, reinstalled, working fine now.dancedroid
  20. vwarnick

vwarnick New Member

Same for me.
Search tags for this page

swype installation failed