updated superuser??

pszhu

Reaction score
why i can't update superuser to the most updated version from market?

it always says unsuccessfully.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I think it's the rom im on that's interfering

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

berto1014

Reaction score
Try go to Liberty Toolbox > Tweaks > Misc. > Mount System Read/Write.
Reboot system, and try install again. May or may not work. Also if you use Amazon apps, be sure to remount the system as read only, otherwise some apps may quit working and need to be reinstalled.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
There is a flashable version u can install through clockwork. Its updated but u can't update in the market still.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

falseprofits

Reaction score
I had some trouble with that as well - and I actually have had that issue on several ROMs - normally what I do is just download the flashable zip and flash in clockwork. It's here Superuser - so I would suggest doing it that way. I can confirm this works on GB v.7 and v.8, and MIUI but no difference, it will work.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I dl the one for gingerbread. Just flash it. No need to mount anything? Just flash in cw? Thanks for the post!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

falseprofits

Reaction score
Nope, no need to mount anything. Just throw it on your SD Card, reboot to CW, install it like you would any other ROM. No need to clear cache or anything (at least I didn't and it worked just fine).

After you flash it you may have to go in to the SuperUser app and update the SU Binaries. But thats about it. No probs. I get annoyed when stuff won't update in the market, and I usually keep the SU zips on my server for situations like that. Used to happen on my Droid 1 all the time because I was flashing a different ROM every week.

I think has to do something with signing by the way, so the ROM may be to blame, and it's most likely because it's a beta - I already put this on bug reports as well, though it may more be a bug with the market version of SU.

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Try downloading the superuser update fixer and run it and then update to new version of superuser. The same dev that developed superuser developed update fixer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the su update fixer doesn't work on liberty (at least on my phone)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced