[Updated] SGS2 (Rumored) & BIONIC coming Sept. 8

osirhis

Reaction score
Reviews are blowing pentile screens wayy outta proportion, if you open up a picture or video or game on the dx2 you honestly cannot see any dots or whatever you wanna call it. Ill take brightness and resolution over a low-res-blue-tinted SAMOLED screen

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I agree 100%...I'm sure the GS2 will be a good phone, but I still want the Bionic more.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is not speculation. They already have sign up site for the US release.
And how can you tell the bionics screen is good from pictures...you'd have to have it in front of you to really see the detail

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

I do and it isnt as good as my Droid charge..... not even close... they missed their window with this one....

Thank you for confirmation. I know it's none of my business, but I keep wondering how people can ignore the 'looking through a wire mesh' view of the pentile screen. I guess they are just people who care about brightness and not detail or strength of reproduction in their screens.

The DX2 is ok but next to my Charge its weak as is the bionic and the Droid 3 ... All have the same type of display and all come up short...

The Bionic has the Dual cores as does the D3 and DX2 and thats nice but after that they all fail at moving forward. The S2 is a dual core and has more options...

Other devices are coming shortly.. the Bionic will get a media blitz.. it lacks after the hype

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If the Charge had a notification LED and either Sense or Blur (I'd settle for either over that Touchwiz crap ;) ) I would have kept it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Charge had a notification LED and either Sense or Blur (I'd settle for either over that Touchwiz crap ;) ) I would have kept it.

Yea... i use LPP anyways fgor a more vanilla look with custom icons and stuff... it has 2.3.4 and full netflix support now (for testers anyways) . Also the new Touch Wiz is pretty cool overall even the new launcher

darkmatter

Reaction score
It is not speculation. They already have sign up site for the US release.
And how can you tell the bionics screen is good from pictures...you'd have to have it in front of you to really see the detail

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

I do and it isnt as good as my Droid charge..... not even close... they missed their window with this one....

Thank you for confirmation. I know it's none of my business, but I keep wondering how people can ignore the 'looking through a wire mesh' view of the pentile screen. I guess they are just people who care about brightness and not detail or strength of reproduction in their screens.

I'm the other way around. I can easily forgive the shortcomings of the pentile display, but I could never live with the massively oversaturated colors of samsung screens. I simply can't understand how people can love the samsung screens when the colors are so off.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm the other way around. I can easily forgive the shortcomings of the pentile display, but I could never live with the massively oversaturated colors of samsung screens. I simply can't understand how people can love the samsung screens when the colors are so off.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I kind of have to agree. The Super AMOLED screens are really saturated. And the pentile screens really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I've had a change of heart of the screen. After using the DX2 and D3 for a little, you get used to the screen and it looks just fine.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

The DX2 is ok but next to my Charge its weak as is the bionic and the Droid 3 ... All have the same type of display and all come up short...

The Bionic has the Dual cores as does the D3 and DX2 and thats nice but after that they all fail at moving forward. The S2 is a dual core and has more options...

Other devices are coming shortly.. the Bionic will get a media blitz.. it lacks after the hype

So Miami, you are suggesting holding off for the S2?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^If the GS2 isnt LTE and doesnt have webtop....it cant have more options. Unless Samsung has something up their sleeve none of us know about.

Both should be great phones tho. Both will have a target audience too.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^If the GS2 isnt LTE and doesnt have webtop....it cant have more options. Unless Samsung has something up their sleeve none of us know about.

the s2 doesnt have webtop (or it's extra charge and extra equipment)

The S2 is a dual core and has more options...

Like what options? Be specific. The S2 is no more "special" than any of the other phones.

Brandon

sorry.... but there are better "super" devices coming so to speak. Not all the VZW but other cool stuff..... maybe even a new OS ...

Im just saying the Bionic is not the device that was introduced 8 months ago. Its late and has an inferior dispaly (my opinion) to other devices. Since ive used the Atrix, The Bionic, The charge and the Bolt in the last few weeks. I the Bionic is nothing more than a bigger atrix so to speak and old news. I want something totally fresh and newer and even has the new Google OS... Just sayin'

osirhis

Reaction score

the s2 doesnt have webtop (or it's extra charge and extra equipment)

Like what options? Be specific. The S2 is no more "special" than any of the other phones.

Brandon

sorry.... but there are better "super" devices coming so to speak. Not all the VZW but other cool stuff..... maybe even a new OS ...

Im just saying the Bionic is not the device that was introduced 8 months ago. Its late and has an inferior dispaly (my opinion) to other devices. Since ive used the Atrix, The Bionic, The charge and the Bolt in the last few weeks. I the Bionic is nothing more than a bigger atrix so to speak and old news. I want something totally fresh and newer and even has the new Google OS... Just sayin'

Well you're going to be waiting an awful long time...ICS is still a long ways off...and quite honestly, when has any phone felt "fresh" when it came out? The GS2 is even an old phone according to your logic, so why should you be anymore concerned about the GS2 or any other phone that's being talked about right now? Hell we are even talking about the HTC Vigor and it will be months before anything about it even gets released for us to see.

So how is any phone supposed to feel "totally fresh newer"? And on that logic bombshell...

anuraj1

Reaction score
It's funny how Miami wants so badly to hate the Bionic haha. Even following him on Twitter, it's like he's trying too hard :icon_eek:

bplewis24

Reaction score
I know, but to each their own, right? I'm going to give it a thorough testing when it finally comes out. I need something to replace my D1.

Brandon