[Updated] Samsung Galaxy Nexus full specs revealed; Verizon Wireless exclusive

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just hope that this phone is out sooner rather than later. Maybe delaying the event isn't actually moving the official launch back any...just be 1 week lag instead of 3.

Launch hype is overrated for Android, anyway. Either your phone is what people are waiting for, or they will wait another month or two to see what else comes out.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just hope that this phone is out sooner rather than later. Maybe delaying the event isn't actually moving the official launch back any...just be 1 week lag instead of 3.

Launch hype is overrated for Android, anyway. Either your phone is what people are waiting for, or they will wait another month or two to see what else comes out.

The device is not being delayed. The only thing beig delayed is the announcement from google and samsung.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

hydro556

Reaction score
Does anyone know if changing to a 4g device will have any impact on our grandfathered status? As far as unlimited data? When I used my upgrade to go from an incredible to a bionic one cs agent said I would lose my unlimited data, but I asked another and they said I would remain on unlimited even if I go to a 4g device.

I am sending my bionic back and waiting on the prime btw.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if changing to a 4g device will have any impact on our grandfathered status? As far as unlimited data? When I used my upgrade to go from an incredible to a bionic one cs agent said I would lose my unlimited data, but I asked another and they said I would remain on unlimited even if I go to a 4g device.

I am sending my bionic back and waiting on the prime btw.
You still keep unlimited. No worries.

???

Reaction score
really hope it has a hdmi cable. i'm going to be really bummed out if not.

???

Reaction score
ok, i don't care if i have to buy a cable but i hope it has a hdmi port to plug it into.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The device is not being delayed. The only thing beig delayed is the announcement from google and samsung.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

That's the assumption, but typically they want so long to promote after the unveil and so pushing back an announcement would also usually push back the release. Although the interesting thing would be I assume they already bought ad space, so I don't see how they could push that back. Perhaps later this week we'll see some commercials.

moot

Reaction score
Really liking the bigger batter on the updated specs! SEXY!

And HDMI out port would be awesome! Imagine going to a hotel and being able to stream netflix on any tv!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Really liking the bigger batter on the updated specs! SEXY!

And HDMI out port would be awesome! Imagine going to a hotel and being able to stream netflix on any tv!

I canceled Netflix. Haven't tried to access XFinity (Comcast internet on-demand) from my Droid, but it works on the IPad over wifi. Now XFinity would be pretty something to be able to mirror from the Prime over LTE. Too bad LTE is still only available in the mostly larger cities and their outskirts. HBO OnDemand is another sweet service. Although I know people who do pretty much the same with their slingbox, but ultimately you still need wifi or an LTE connection because 3G doesn't usually cut it.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Hear a lot about camera resolution not mattering. For pics posted on the computer, you could use a 1mp camera. the thing is, not everyone has a $500+ camera. Second, a LOT of people these days would much rather just use their phone to take most all their pictures. And why not, the camera will hold thousands and you don't need all sorts of extra stuff. It is true most people don't print poster size photos, but lots of people like to crop photos then get them printed out. the higher resolution will help with that, assuming its a decent one.

I'm just hoping this will be like the Bionic in that Radio Shack will have them for less than $200 after a week on sale. Everyone else was $220 or higher. Plus I need to figure out if they can just renew the contract because most places ask you to do one of the new plans without unlimited internet. At the Verizon store, its automatic.

prey

Reaction score
You are saying at a Verizon store they automatically put you on a new plan withOUT unlimited data?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
No, at the verizon store they will just extend your contract. At the other stores now the plans are completely different than the plan I have right now with unlimited data. They ask you to choose from one of the plans available right now. When I asked multiple places if I would keep the same terms as what I have right now if I upgraded through them, they couldn't say for sure I would remain on the same plan.