[Updated] Pre-Order Galaxy S III for on June 6th for $200 at Verizon

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's 4 gigs for 4G LTE smartphones at $30 a month, goes to show you the tarts working for big red.

Tarts or no, the information is correct. It's 4GB for $30 a month until the double data promotion ends...and it ends tomorrow. The Galaxy SIII happens to go up for pre-order on Thursday, the day after the double data offer comes to a close. So, for those interested in starting a new contract to get the the SIII, it will indeed be 2GB for $30 a month.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting this. Paying full retail, sadly.. Hopefully it's not sold out by like 12-2pm or so.

Chaz08

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Tarts or no, the information is correct. It's 4GB for $30 a month until the double data promotion ends...and it ends tomorrow. The Galaxy SIII happens to go up for pre-order on Thursday, the day after the double data offer comes to a close. So, for those interested in starting a new contract to get the the SIII, it will indeed be 2GB for $30 a month.

Damn. Good thing i'm just upgrading ;)

npro1464

Reaction score
I have a question: does anyone know if it can be rooted? Is the bootloader locked? Usually, Samsung is great about this, but VZ has forced manufacterers to lock up their phones. I know the Rezound took a while to get s-off, and Htc is good with opening their devices to devs.

The Euro one already has been rooted and is unlocked. Wondering if the VZ phone is the same thing.

jwalz

Reaction score

The phone goes up for pre or elder tomorrow Wednesday the 6th
Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the battery life is about 33% less then of razr maxx Samsung Galaxy S3's battery benchmark tests show good performance and knowing the piss poor quality of samsung radios, i think i'll pass.

I would wanna see it compared to the regular RAZR instead...since the Maxx has that huge battery in it. Or even the Rezound. The Rezound has a 1600 mAh battery....thats 500 mAh less than the one in the GS3. I dont think 500mAh extra would equal 2 hours more talk time. So it looks to me like the GS3 does good so far. Granted this is the GSM version? That G Nex on the list is the GSM version...and has better battery life than the Verizon one. Alot better.

Forgot thats also quad core in the GS3 in that article..vs some dual core phones with similar battery sizes......to me I think it holds up real nice vs the other phones. That last line from the article sees it like I do.. So ppl thinking quad core was gonna be this bigger battery drainer, shoulda saw that since it really wasnt going from single to dual core it was gonna be more or less the same this time.

No one can really compare any phone to the RAZR Maxx because of that huge battery. One would need extended batteries for a fairer comparison. And the US one will have the S4. Would be real interested in the battery life differences between the 2 phones.