Updated market?

kookk

Reaction score
Im still on the old version of the market. Is there a way to update it from the phone or do I need to get a .apk for it?

Sent from my DROID X2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im still on the old version of the market. Is there a way to update it from the phone or do I need to get a .apk for it?

Sent from my DROID X2

It should update on it's own. I'm surprised that the old market is on there at all.

When the Market changed I loaded it on my D2 from .apk. Google is your friend if you want to go that route.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
If I get it from an apk will it still receive updates from google? And yea im surprised it hasn't automatically updated also

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

gavinsnana

Reaction score
I got my Inc 2 on Tuesday (Upgrade from D2) and noticed also that the market was the old version. It still has not updated. I guess if it does not update soon I will go the google route.

Well okay! Just opened the market and it updated.

Last edited:
OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
I feel like I should know this....what does the google route mean?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I get it from an apk will it still receive updates from google? And yea im surprised it hasn't automatically updated also

The .apk is the exact same file that was used to install the new Market. Everything will update just fine.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
I'm still stuck with the old market. So weird.

Chat log...
Thank you very much for your patience. I have verified that the newer Market is not yet available on the Droid X2. Once it does become available, Google will automatically push the update to your phone, which will allow you to install it. Since we do not provide this update, we do not have an estimated time that it will be released.

DX2

Last edited:

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still stuck with the old market. So weird.

Chat log...
Thank you very much for your patience. I have verified that the newer Market is not yet available on the Droid X2. Once it does become available, Google will automatically push the update to your phone, which will allow you to install it. Since we do not provide this update, we do not have an estimated time that it will be released.

DX2

I've had the new market since I got the phone on the 25th.

Sent from my DROID X2

streetrod

Reaction score
Had the old market,go to settings, apps,manage apps, downloaded and clear data. Then open market it will load new one.

Got mine Friday, it loaded new market today.

John58543

Reaction score

metalbuck

Reaction score
Had the old market,go to settings, apps,manage apps, downloaded and clear data. Then open market it will load new one.

Got mine Friday, it loaded new market today.

Thanks, I just got my X2 yesterday and this worked perfectly.