[Updated] Google's Next Android OS All but Confirmed; Jelly Bean Front Lawn Sculpture

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jelly-bean-sculpture.jpg

Without an actual official statement directly from Google, nothing can be said to be 100% irrefutable proof that the next iteration of the Android OS will be called Jelly Bean. However, the above picture is as close to 100% as you can get without that verbal/written confirmation. As you can see above, Google has continued their tradition of adding a new sculpture to their front lawn to show off the next flavor-filled dessert in the Android lineup.

jelly-bean-statue.jpeg

The new sculpture they added is none other than a jar of spilled Jelly Beans, (either that or some clown-decorated kidney beans, but that doesn't sound much like a tasty dessert does it?)

Update: Apparently, the picture from earlier was taken while Google was assembling the actual complete statue, and someone "spilled the beans." As you can see from the new pic above, the final statue is of an Android shaped jar filled with Jelly Beans.

Source: NexusTablets.net via Google+ Fred Chung

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Awesome!

But they need to take care of that lawn a little better. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome!

But they need to take care of that lawn a little better. :D

Agreed lol. :D awesome... jb... I wonder what that will be like.. ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Escobar

Reaction score
Hopefully it's nice and uniform like jelly belly jelly beans. Not unpredictable like those Harry Potter ones :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hopefully it's nice and uniform like jelly belly jelly beans. Not unpredictable like those Harry Potter ones :)

Lmao... yeah.. magic candy is not an idea i'd like

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Droid Kain

Reaction score
I read about this a long time ago. Something about Asus already working with jelly bean and designing a new tablet around it. When i get off work ill try to find the link again

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read about this a long time ago. Something about Asus already working with jelly bean and designing a new tablet around it. When i get off work ill try to find the link again

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2

Are you being sarcastic Droid Kain? We already posted almost a half dozen stories regarding the Asus Nexus 7 tablet and it using Jelly Bean right here on the front page of DroidForums. lol.

We even have a sister-site dedicated to it, that you can see in the link of the story. :)

Here it is again: Nexus Tablet Forum.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Nice to know that even Google folks fingers sometimes get in the photos.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google should at least get ICS to the rest of their Android devices before throwing out another OS that most of the new smart phones "that were just purchased" will NOT see till next year, hehe. This is something that Apple has down packed, when they have an update it is pushed to ALL their customers "I know it is a closed and controlled OS", but that is one BIG reason Apple is where it is, people like simple and they want it to work right. Google in that respect is still a BIG mess.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
So let's start a new thread on when do you think we'll get JB. Let the rumors, missed dates, let downs, and complaining begin.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Google should at least get ICS to the rest of their Android devices before throwing out another OS that most of the new smart phones "that were just purchased" will NOT see till next year, hehe. This is something that Apple has down packed, when they have an update it is pushed to ALL their customers "I know it is a closed and controlled OS", but that is one BIG reason Apple is where it is, people like simple and they want it to work right. Google in that respect is still a BIG mess.

Like I always type with these messages...

Large majority don't even know WHAT they're running. Whether it's Froyo...Gingerbread...ICS....

Nor, do they know WHAT the differences are!

Can't blame Google that their software is ready for the next big step. Gotta place the blame on the phone makers. Moto/Sony/Sam/HTC/Etc...

They're the ones who are pushing out phones so quickly that they aren't spending the time to test the new OS's and launch 'em stock. OR...they're the ones who purposely delay updates so they can tweak blur/sense/touchwiz/etc...

If you've worked in the software industry before...you'd know how Google ain't in the wrong at all! I had companies still stuck in 1.2 when we had just pushed out 1.6! But if the boss don't want 1.6....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Large majority don't even know WHAT they're running. Whether it's Froyo...Gingerbread...ICS....

Can't blame Google that their software is ready for the next big step. Gotta place the blame on the phone makers. Moto/Sony/Sam/HTC/Etc...

They're the ones who are pushing out phones so quickly that they aren't spending the time to test the new OS's and launch 'em stock. OR...they're the ones who purposely delay updates so they can tweak blur/sense/touchwiz/etc...

If you've worked in the software industry before...you'd know how Google ain't in the wrong at all! I had companies still stuck in 1.2 when we had just pushed out 1.6! But if the boss don't want 1.6....

Yep.. I have several tech saavy friends that have no idea what version of Android they are on. They want a new phone, they walk in and buy whatever! The phones sell regardless. As for JB? Bring it on!!!

Droid Kain

Reaction score
Are you being sarcastic Droid Kain? We already posted almost a half dozen stories regarding the Asus Nexus 7 tablet and it using Jelly Bean right here on the front page of DroidForums. lol.

We even have a sister-site dedicated to it, that you can see in the link of the story. :)

Here it is again: Nexus Tablet Forum.

Lol...sorry... I couldn't resist. >.>

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3

I've met a few people that had Androids and I asked them which one. They didn't even know which phone they had let alone what OS they had. All they knew was that they had an Android.

Beka27

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I've met a few people that had Androids and I asked them which one. They didn't even know which phone they had let alone what OS they had. All they knew was that they had an Android.

Lol, that's why iPhone users have it so easy, they just need to know what number they have... But then half of them think their phones are 4g.