[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Arkbird, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Trusstopher

Trusstopher DF Super Moderator

I'm just happy that I'm not on the East Coast... that way, no matter what happens, I can wake up and check on here and I will know for sure if people have been buying them or not before the stores here have even opened.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Yeah, that's a bonus :)
  3. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Same bonus for me :p
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I'll let you guys know how it is :crazy:
  5. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Im not talking about making money off of selling the phone. Im talking about negotiations with google about the mobile pay feature. If verizon could NOT include Gwallet and implement ISIS...sure...delaying sales now would end up making them more money down the road.

In my opinion many buyers may not even know what bloat is. They just now it has preinstalled apps. Being vanilla/pure google is not a selling point that is going to win the hearts of the typical consumer strolling into a storefront. Ive seen verizon salesmen pitch the hell out of the Iphone when it first came to verizon....even though there were much better phones in the store. Ive seen them actually steer customers who were looking and playing with an android phone away from it toward the iphone and how its the "best" phone they have now. And the customers just this epiphany look in their eyes...."wow.....BEST phone". Start talking about features...most people will start yawning.

Then there's us....give us the phone...NOW. :p I dont care whats going on with it. If there WAS any bugs to squash...google will fix it quickly....or the dev community.
  6. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

Serious question here...

Knowing that already they have had some hardware issues... Knowing that VZW has put some bloat on it, and that going forward, you will NOT get "pure Google" without delays, that updates will have to go through VZW(and you know how that goes, present situation a prime example)... Knowing that it is not really faster than the Razr or Rezound, etc... Knowing that certain things like Google Wallet will be missing, knowing that the Nexus won't work like a USB Mass Storage device because it has only internal storage, etc...

What at this point is the real appeal of it? If it isn't faster, if it doesn't have more features, if it has issues and if you still have to wait on VZW to release code with bloat, what is the real advantage?

is getting ICS a month before your friends really worth it?
  7. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

No chance any other phone will have ICS a month after this one haha. But that being said, I think its appealing to a lot of people here cuz it's open. Do what you want with it, run whatever software you want on it etc. No restrictions.

Also, it's still going to get updates from Google, there won't be any 5 month delays between updates.
  8. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

What Best Buy do you go to??? Our store opens at 9 for the holidays :)
  9. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

I hardly think of My Verizon and Back Assistant as bloat. Just disable them if you don't use them but a lot of people do.
  10. AZClimber

AZClimber New Member

Need a pic as proof or it didn't happen - LOL!
  11. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

It is not about the bloat itself. It is about the code having to go through VZW in order to get to your phone. Call me jaded, but after seeing how VZW handles things, I don't have a lot of confidence in them to handle things in a timely fashion, or without screwing it up.
  12. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

OMG..my wife's Storm 1 is paper weight. she has been hounding me to get her a new phone. I keep saying "wait" LOL I want this phone to be out so hopefully the Rezound is on sale and i can get it for her. I missed out on the costco 50 bucks deal. =/
  13. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

my D1 hangs up mid call. Although, it's usually on my wife so i'm still trying to decide if it's a glitch or a feature

14. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Im in the same boat, often browsing leaves me with a completely frozen Droid. Considering rolling back to Froyo to keep the phone useable till I get my upgrade (elegable now, but havent decided if Im going to spring before or after christmas.)
  15. Mark_V

Mark_V New Member

My guy at Best Buy said they don't have any there. :( Take that with a grain of salt. :)
  16. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

The cnet article states that employees were told they would be allowed to sell them Friday, then Verizon says they won't be available this Friday for sale. Seems like a delay to me

Sent from my Transformer TF101
  17. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Also, just fyi, when a company puts out a huge banner about the the vz nexus [insert email here] thats an announcement. so it was announced. Not sure how it wouldn't be one. :blink: just my imo, Also Malvado is right to. With the addition of VZ knows all these rumors that are being put out. If they can set the record straight with the 4 people that cared about Google wallet being banned then they could just as easily halt the release date rumors too but they just give silence. On a rumor with as much traction as friday, if it wasn't true at all then i would hope they would end the confusion through their local means of communication (leak through beta info that in turn gets passed on to these sites).
  18. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Sounds like you need some Sourcery, my two years old OG is working fine... link in my sig..
  19. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

To all those that believed the Dec.9th release, how are you enjoying your new Nexus? LOL.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!
  20. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I received the update this morning.
Search tags for this page

android nexus