[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Arkbird, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I believe they are trying to get as much sales from the RazR and the Rezound as possible!!! What way to do that is to get people frustrated such as my self and others to make us jump off the Nexus ship and buy the other 2 phones. I am still hoping that it get released soon my Storm1 is driving me nuts!!!
  2. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

It just doesn't make sense to take on the Nexus platform and then do everything possible to mess it up, unless the real plan was simply to take away the Nexus line from T-Mobile, as they were at one point going to be purchased by AT&T?

Sometimes it isn't about scoring a touch down so much as it is a defensive move to keep your opponent from scoring one?
  3. PrISM

PrISM New Member

I have a silly question. Being Google's baby, howcome we don't hear any information directly from Google?
  4. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I believe it is because Google finished all they was suppose to do on their end. They are just waiting for Verizon to release it.
  5. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

I wonder if this phone launched on Sprint, would people switch over?
  6. Detonation

Detonation New Member

I know this info isn't worth much, but I just called my Verizon store and they told me it for sure won't be launching tomorrow and was pushed back until Monday.
  7. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

I would not switch over for that phone alone. Spec wise, is it really better than a Razr or Rezound? Better resolution than a Razr, but the Rezound is in some ways a better phone. It's main appeal is that it comes with ICS. Cool, but in a couple months we will have ICS as well.

If I switched to Sprint it would be because they have much better pricing and Unlimited data...
  8. mrmark27

mrmark27 New Member

Not likely. At least in my area, the Verizon coverage is much better than what Sprint and AT&T offer
  9. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

:icon_ cry:
  10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I'm not going to speculate cause that just makes this matter more frustrating/depressing. Fact is, the phone isn't here and we STILL don't have an official launch date. I admit I was extremely disappointed when I found out the 9th wasn't going to happen as I finally gave into the rumors this week. Do I have hopes for the 13th, sure I hope everyday it comes out the next day, but I'm not going to rely on dates anymore, no matter how reliable until Verizon makes it official. We're still getting the runaround and it's not worth the stress. My Inc works almost perfectly fine, but I know some of you with the OG Droid have theirs on their last leg, you users are getting cheated the most.
  11. ilikemoneygreen

My d1 this morning-Get a phone call at 0600, hit green slider to answer but it continues ringing for two minutes. Battery pull, flashes back to SS from cyanogen. go to school, in parking lot i go to look up that number on the net which froze my browser after the simple google search. Tried it three more time, then switched to skyfire. Skyfire worked but then my phone froze right on the page(couldn't do anything, had to ctr shift delete). Then flashed to miui where it is now but its glitching out as well. lol it really seems like no rom can help my phone out at this point, i just need a new phone. :frown: Tonight i think im nuking it with a clean sbf and just running stock froyo till nexus drops. ive already nuked it 3 times this month though... Nexus really needs to come out soon or im going to have to bite on the d4 when it releases. i could return d4 then but im not sure if i would do that. My d1 was nice but it is just barely hangin in their. :dry:
  12. RedzGirl

RedzGirl New Member

I'd do a factory reset. It'll help your Droid OG get through the next few weeks and you'll essentially do it when you get a new phone too. Worth the few minutes to reconfigure anything that doesn't carry over.
  13. ilikemoneygreen

I dont really need tips. I was just replying to the fact that my D1 is on its last wobbly leg. And a Factory reset is a given when you flash a different rom (wipes data, also smart to clear cache too) Thank you for your advice though. :welcome: Welcome to the boards. post 1. :D please go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/ and introduce yourself. youll also get help their if ya need it. (not that you wont get help elsewhere, cuz u will)
  14. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Wow, didn't think it was that bad. I use my OG Droid as an extra media device at home and it's almost unbearable lol, compared to you I have no right to complain. Hang in there man, hopefully the rumors are true this time and it'll be out next wekk
  15. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I called my Verizon and without hesitation I was told they got an email delaying it from tomorrow's "release date" I was also able to confirm a $650 off contract price which I'm ready for :serious:

To the D1 owners, you guys and gals are suffering the worst here, my Bionic is plenty to hold me over - hang in there :)
  16. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator

The places we need to be calling are preimum retailers... if anyone one is going to "miss the memo" it will be them.
  17. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Yeah really, there's one right up the street from me - the suit and tie guy type of retailer, hate those places...
  18. ilikemoneygreen

Lol, hate going to a car salesman too but sometimes when you want something you gotta go. At least your going to him all educated about all his products. :biggrin:
  19. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Okay guys so just to give you an update. We got them in stock today. I'm off so I can't go sneaking a pic but I'll try on Saturday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  20. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I'd rather make my purchase at Best Buy, that's good news - although Best Buy opens at 10 Verizon at 9 :serious:
Search tags for this page

android nexus