[Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Arkbird, Dec 7, 2011.

1. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Verizon doesn't want to make sales. Seriously its their track record.

And I agree. Ics is already working alpha on some devices. It wont be that much longer....and the selling power of this phone diminishes. I mean....ics is the main reason we all want it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What announcement was that? Quoting the CNET article:

"We haven't officially announced a launch date for the Galaxy Nexus," a Verizon Wireless representative said.

The only "announcement" Verizon has made was that they haven't made an official announcement. Leaked sales documents don't count.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak Member

Ratings:
    +3
    the more I think about it the more I lean towards waiting for the Asus podaphone or whatever you call it. Thinking Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor, tablet to go with it and ICS....cant wait, hope its all that its cracked up to be and then some. the galaxy nexus just left a sour taste in my mouth waiting and waiting for it. I know its never been officially announced but im over it now
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +273
    Saw today where there was just a huge price fixing judgement against a bunch of LCD makers. Was wondering when the class action lawsuit against US carriers/OEM's comes because, IMO, prices are too high and too uniform (and the carriers certainly are propping that up with their bogus "incentives") to be the result of non-collusive open competition.
  5. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I am quickly loosing interest... if Verizon or whoever going to make me wait then I will just wait and see the next rush of phones... lol Heck with it :p
  6. Cor3yS

Cor3yS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be cool if they announced it during the video game awards since Verizon is sponsoring it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +273
    I'm just annoyed with no estimate of a release date. I've waited a month now where, having known that, I probably would have just gotten the Bionic or RAZR, possibly the Rezound. I don't want to pay a re-stocking fee, but I really need a new phone and don't want to wait a month, either. Nor do I really want to invest the time to set-up one phone, and then swap again in a few weeks and start over.
  8. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +726
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Well with no release this Friday I guess that means more time to study for finals:D
  9. funwheeldrive

funwheeldrive Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How I imagine Verizon.

[​IMG]
  10. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmm.... I didn't know something that has not been officially announced could be delayed!!??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  11. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Almost makes me wish I wasn't one of the nerds who frequented these forums. Then the wait wouldn't be so ridiculously annoying, because I wouldn't know what the hell was going on! ;)

I knew it probably wouldn't get released this week anyway. With the kind of advertising the RAZR got before it's release, did you think they were just going to release Google's next flagship phone without a peep to the general public? A stealth release doesn't exactly translate into launch day profitability.
  12. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    13th ..
  13. 1ceFiend

1ceFiend Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Europe doesn't have LTE, which has been blamed for the delay on a couple phones and some bugs with them once they were released. Since this is the first ICS phone, I kind of expected this. Plus, somewhere I saw a quote that they're waiting for the 4.1 update. Maybe thats to fix an LTE issue? Makes me feel better assuming that, anyways...

On another note, this phone is driving me to drink. I've been looking forward to upgrading since the first Bionic was announced.
  14. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    It's not like this is the Bionic release all over again. People just need to chill out and keep in mind that people on the Android forums are MUCH more in the know about releases than most others and for them; it's not an issue. For this reason alone; it adds frustration about supposed release dates. Sign up @ Verizon and when the phone comes out; they'll let you know; believe me; weather it's a NE2 or a full purchase price, Verizon is more than happy to part you from your cash. I'm still on my OG Droid and I won't run right out and buy the Nexus. I'm going to wait and see just like I did with the Bionic. I waited and saw lots of mixed feelings on it and decided to pass on it. Another thing to mention is the "bloatware" "issue"..... it's not an issue with root. Simply clear out the crapware you don't want and you're good to go.

Just relax..... the phone will be released, albeit not as fast as we would like.
  15. Trusstopher

Trusstopher DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +83
Search tags for this page

android nexus