***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

purple_50

Reaction score
So I have the leaked gingerbread 2.11.605.0 on my TB and found the sound is doing strange things and now the camera and gtalk not starting up has made me decide to roll back to froyo. Only problem being I'm not rooted and can't do so unless I am, but i have tried numerous times with the auto root and manually with adb to no avail. After it pushes the "adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter" I keep getting "failed to set prot mask <inappropriate ioctl for device>" and then I get "c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de /data/local/misc.img/dev/block/mmcblk0p17: cannot open for write: Permission denied". When it launches into hboot and runs thru the PG05IMG.zip it says main version is older update failed! Any ideas what I can do to achieve root on this thing? Or is it hopeless with the leaked gingerbread? Thoughts and info are greatly appreciated!

purple_50

Reaction score
You were able to root from the leaked gingerbread and then roll back to froyo? And then go back to unrooted stock?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

purple_50

Reaction score
I officially give up trying to root this pos. I have downloaded, extracted, ran then deleted the revolutionary.exe numerous times and it keeps giving me error messages that files are missing from the program and it can't run. I am really at the end of my rope with this thing....

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just do it the manual method. If u can copy and paste and follow lines...u can do it

Sent from my BURNTH3ORYX using DroidForums

purple_50

Reaction score
Just do it the manual method. If u can copy and paste and follow lines...u can do it

Sent from my BURNTH3ORYX using DroidForums

Tried manual method as well, keeps giving me errors no matter how I do it.

***UPDATE*** got it figured out, now rooted and all is well! Thanks for the replies!

Last edited:

rockula

Reaction score
Question: my Tbolt is working fine on the stock setup. I'm not totally educated on rooting, or even if I should. I want to be able to use Swype, and I'd like my phone to be as good as it can be. Does rooting it to the newest GB release make that happen, or does it simply invite more issues? FWIW, I have an extra 32gig MicroSD card and an extra SIM card because I sent my original back under the Insurance plan, and they sent me a brand new phone (not a RLNR as some have said that it was). ever since, my replacement Tbolt has been problem free and had NONE of the issues the first one had (constant rebooting and loss of radio).

I must say that learning how to root a phone is confusing and like learning another language! I don't know what you guys are talking about half the time because everything is an anagram.! The DEV into the PRC with the HBOOT ROM into the FLUX with the S-OFF engaged. WTF? HA! Perhaps I'm making too much of it... but it seems there are a LOT of choices out there on how to do it, and I can't figure out which is the best way, or what exactly I need. Perhaps I'll do more researching...

J

Dolfan

Reaction score
guess no one even looks at this thread any longer....The thunderbolt is really the forgotten droid...lol

Dolfan

Reaction score
How is this the wrong forum??
it either still works or it dont work after the update..