***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

tdog7879

Reaction score
everyone that is new to rooting there thunderbolt needs to try it the manual way it is so much better

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
I am getting very confused. I have tried rooted about 6 times since midnight, and every time, I have S-Off and SU, but no root, or at least apps that require root won't work. ANy ideas?

Going to try the manual method tongiht if this next shot doesn't work

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
@LTL keep trying step 3 over and over until it takes. Unplug and reconnect your phone every time.

chipmunk

Reaction score
Ok, im getting my TB today within the next few hours and I was wondering if there is a way to get perm root without taking s off? I wanna give the sense thing a try, I'm coming from a OG Droid.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
@LTL keep trying step 3 over and over until it takes. Unplug and reconnect your phone every time.

Ok, thanks. And, I can boot into CWR. I had the SU app that is auto installed, but also downloaded it once last night from the market to see if that worked. About to do step 3 now.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, im getting my TB today within the next few hours and I was wondering if there is a way to get perm root without taking s off? I wanna give the sense thing a try, I'm coming from a OG Droid.

S-Off is security -Off not Sense..Rooting doesn't take it away so You will be fine.

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
It worked. But now getting the 1X issue. Better than last time when had I no data though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

chipmunk

Reaction score
ok i just started the root process and rooter just got stuck after i opened it and it started pushing somethings

nerdkill

Reaction score
i tried to post my thanks to xda, but i'm not cool enough for their systems. just wanted to say that if you read every post you'll figure out what you're doing wrong. the main thing that was killing me was having fast boot on... there were a few hickups after that, but i'm in the holy land now. so happy.