[Updated] Droid Bionic Gets an FM Radio App from XDA; Works for Droid3 too!

deek

Reaction score
Deek, try downloading to your PC and moving the file over to your Droid.

i will try that when i get home. unless i am forgetting any other settings that would allow a successful download

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Abadus

Reaction score
It uses the wire as an antenna, so using a "stubby" one to "trick" it may affect your reception.

Antenna are actually tuned to length. I doubt that your headphones are tuned either. So it may work better you never know, just cut the cord to 1/2 or 1/4 wavelength and you will do well :p LOL

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Seems this is the same fm radio that was on the Droid X. I don't remember if it was an included app or if I downloaded it from simewhere. Headphones were needed as they are the antenna.

Right now I use TuneIn Radio. It not only allows me to listen to any area station, but stations from ither cities throughout the country and even some worldwide are included.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes if your on the edge of reception area it's gonna not receive very good. I also used an adapter in the plug. The mini adapter to the 1/4" sized head phone Jack..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

chadwick108

Reaction score
Have app on Droid 3 and works OK FM signal on some local stations is not as strong as expected with 6 ft DJ headphones plugged in but good start!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums