[Updated] CarrierIQ Drama: Verizon Again Denies That Any of Its Phones Have CarrierIQ

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

nateccnn

Reaction score
I have an HTC Thunderbolt. I am rooted but I am running the OEM ROM and Kernel. The QIC Test revealed no APK from Carrier IQ. Is it posible Verizon is telling the truth?

It should also be noted that the HTC Logging Test revealed that logging is taking place. So while they are telling the truth about Carrier IQ, they are being less than honest by not telling us they are logging using a different method. LOL

Nate

jedihep

Reaction score
Let loose the dogs of law on them! I'm not one for class action lawsuits because the only people that gain much from them is the lawyers. In instances like this though these shiesters in suits could be wielded like a mace against companies and providers who utilize this garbage. Let the pinstripe fortune 500 chasers beat one or two of these offensive techno cads about their wallets and the rest would trip over their own tech and software engineering departments to correct their evil subversive ways!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Of course vzw doesn't use this.

They got their own stuff ;)

soulpatch

Reaction score
Anyone root and run the search on the Razr yet? I am finishing a remodel while working two jobs and as such have no time to root my phone and run this search.

While I feel better about VZW stating they do not use it, I would feel a lot better hearing from someone on here that the Razr is free of it as well as the original Droid X that my wife uses. Both are running stock right now.

Though I do have to wonder what it is that Verizon is using as we all know there is no way that they would miss out on this type of research if they could get their hands on it...

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Didn't this all start when HTC specifically was found to track? Now it's blown up to carriers??? Dang... Glad all my devices are rooted lol... Great way to stick it to em.

Now we just need an app for devices that are being tracked, one that sends false info to CarrierIQ... that way their info is useless.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone root and run the search on the Razr yet? I am finishing a remodel while working two jobs and as such have no time to root my phone and run this search.

While I feel better about VZW stating they do not use it, I would feel a lot better hearing from someone on here that the Razr is free of it as well as the original Droid X that my wife uses. Both are running stock right now.

Though I do have to wonder what it is that Verizon is using as we all know there is no way that they would miss out on this type of research if they could get their hands on it...
X definitly does not have it.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

jseah

Reaction score
Just ran the Voodoo Carrier IQ app on 2 Thunderbolts, the Bionic, and the Rezound. Carrier IQ not detected. I guess Verizon is telling the truth when they say that they do not have Carrier IQ installed. On the other hand, Sprint has publicly stated that they do in fact have Carrier IQ installed on Sprint phones.

breedingh8

Reaction score