Updated but still 2.2.1

mg8199

Reaction score
Ok so I got the (I guess) FRG83G 2.2.2 update this morning. My phone did the automatic reboot but it's still showing I'm FRG83D 2.2.1... Anyone else having this problem? I did a manual reboot as well and it's still showing the same. :motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got the (I guess) FRG83G 2.2.2 update this morning. My phone did the automatic reboot but it's still showing I'm FRG83D 2.2.1... Anyone else having this problem? I did a manual reboot as well and it's still showing the same. :motdroidvert:

Are you rooted? If you are rooted the SPRecovery or Clockwork will block the update.

OP
M

mg8199

Reaction score

Are you rooted? If you are rooted the SPRecovery or Clockwork will block the update.

------------------------------------------------------------

No, I opted not to root just yet. If I bricked the phone my wife wouldn't be happy. She already shakes her head when I talk about new updates and what not. Guess she'll never understand. haha I'll root my OG Droid and play around with that once I get the X2, hopefully this fall.

I know this OTA isn't a big deal on the surface but would still like to have the most up to date version.

Thanks for the quick reply.