[Updated] Apple Brings Lawsuit Against Samsung

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung_galaxy.JPG

[Update]: Samsung vows to fight Apple with countersuit. Samsung suspects that Apple has been violating several of Samsung's wireless patents. Samsung issued a statement reading, “Samsung will respond actively to this legal action taken against us through appropriate legal measures to protect our intellectual property.” Source: Android.net via GoogleNews

9to5 Mac reports today on a Wall Street Journal story that says that Apple is suing Samsung over the similarity of its Galaxy series of phones and tablets to the iPhone and iPad. The lawsuit, which was filed last Friday, actually goes as far as to say that Samsung has chosen to “slavishly” copy Apple’s technology, design and style rather than developing its own unique technology and style. Ouch! Reuters quotes Apple spokeswoman Kristin Huguet as saying “This kind of blatant copying is wrong.”

As 9to5 Mac points out, this lawsuit is quite surprising considering that Samsung supplies flash components for many Apple products including the iPhone and iPad. The business relationship between the two companies is still very much ongoing, with Apple recently opting to install Samsung components in its new MacBook Air computers, a contract that had previously been held by Toshiba. In fact, 9to5 Mac points out, Samsung is even responsible for making part of Apple’s A4 and A5 chips that are used in the iPhone and iPad, and there has also been recent talk of Apple and Samsung collaborating on new Super PLS screens for future devices. So far Samsung has made no comment on the matter.

Source: Apple Suing Samsung, Says Galaxy Phone and Tablet Are Copies of Apple Devices - iPhone Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Can someone say, GREDDY!!!! Apple get a C'MON SON! for that one.

rafiki1

Reaction score
When I read title I thought "didn't they just file a lawsuit?", title led me to believe they dropped it.

badz

Reaction score
When I read title I thought "didn't they just file a lawsuit?", title led me to believe they dropped it.

Yea I had a similar thought. The title of this news post was confusing to me. Rafik1 beat me to the punch while I was logging in to reply though lol.

bplewis24

Reaction score

Same here. He should probably edit the title. I read the article yesterday about the lawsuit and then saw this headline and thought "wow they dropped it already? Maybe they're not as idiotic as I thought." But, of course that isn't the case :)

Brandon

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung F700. One could say that looks more like an iPhone hardware wise too.

Problem is....it came out 4 months before the orig iPhone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If its for Touchwiz too, Meizu just beat Apple last year in a similar case based on some patent technicality.

I think Apple might lose this one too unless its about Touchwiz also.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Title is very confusing.

There is only so much you can do to a touchscreen phone, there are so many out there, eventually some will resemble others.

Apple just continues to make themselves look like fools. As kids, we used to joke around saying "Sue me" to everything, knowing how foolish it was then, as children. Perhaps Apple never got the memo that we were just playing around.

Reaction score
Apple (and their employees) is like some kind of buzzard that just won't leave you alone ... and I work / hang out in Cupertino a lot so I am speaking first hand

You have just been post-pwned.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
The Koreans are the leaders of the smartphone industry and don't have to steal technology from anyone. If anything at all Apple stole the idea of the Iphone from them!