(updated 6-29) Froyo Kangerade v0.3.4 - Compiled from source

veritech

Reaction score
I wish I had an extra Droid for stuff like this. I'd like to have one just for testing so I don't have to keep doing recoveries.
lol... ytcracker... hehe... the world is such a small place sometimes.
I love YTCracker. He's awesome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smokeeater218

Reaction score
Great job, but my google maps keeps force closing and navigation won't work, please fix, other than that its awesome and fast, smoooooth

Dcon87

Reaction score
awesome, just downloaded now going to install. I tried the sapphire source build And it didn't run right on my droid so I'm excited to try this

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Just a question for after all the bugs are fixed and you add the color to it...any chance the green will be as green and the other colors you do? :yr1:

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Take her to the movies and while she watching the movie you can be working on the update in the dark....dancedroid

Just Stop :r_c:

Pulled 1550 on a test with chevno1 1.25 LV 7 slot.Still no FC and I did not wipe.dancedroid

not a bad score but not a super awesome one either. I can hit over 1700 on chevyno1 4.1 froyo leak rom with jdlfgs 7 slot 1.2ghz kernel. unless you were not running at 1.25? most i got was 1753 on my own compiled 1.223ghz kernel... stupid phone hates 1.25 =(

SoupyC

Reaction score
Sapphire 0.6, built from Froyo source, is unable to sync with Facebook contacts. The option is absent from the app itself, and going to settings>accounts & sync> add account > facebook does nothing.

Does this source build have the same issue?

Same issue. Thanks for lookin at it Jrummy!

Also having the issue with maps, and an issue with Terminal Emulator force closing. Gonna try the permissions fix in ROM Manager to see if that helps with Terminal Emulator.dancedroid

kinfolk248

Reaction score
hey jrummy, love what your doing with this but any guestimation as to when we can expect a final product?

ardoreal

Reaction score
Real question is, does he use Youmail? There's something that disagrees between Froyo's networking code and how Youmail polls. The dev asked Google for some help on how to get around this all to be told "users wanting stuff to work shouldn't be on unofficial builds, looks like a manufacturer's problem at this point"

jearl75

Reaction score
JRummy, awesome rom man! Battery life had been outstanding, only change I made is I'm using chevy's 1.1 lowV kernel. Only issues I've had have already been posted

ajyasgar

Reaction score
JRummy, awesome rom man! Battery life had been outstanding, only change I made is I'm using chevy's 1.1 lowV kernel. Only issues I've had have already been posted

I agree 100% with this.

JRummy, what you've got here is awesome. Currently running this build + Chevy's 1.25GHz Ultra-Low-Voltage kernel, tested stock kernel and Chevy's for 10 minutes each with the SetCPU stress test, didn't encounter any errors, and surprisingly, no additional heat for either kernel, which is completely foreign to me, having overclocked that high. Controls are extremely snappy on stock, far better than the previous builds based on the original pre-compiled release(s).

Currently testing everything I can:

In the Dev Tools app, the Galaxy, Grass, and Water animations don't work, but I don't know if they ever have. Instrumentation also brings up a black screen full of nothing.

Noticed that the Home button (on the row of 4 touch-sensitive buttons along the bottom of the screen) isn't as sensitive as it was with other ROMs. This could be user-error or just me imagining things, but I'm sure there has to be a sensitivity setting, since I noticed the Pointer Location utility in Dev Tools also measures pressure along that strip, if you drag the pointer down and then run your finger across the buttons.

Syncing seems to be working fine for both Facebook and Twitter. Haven't noticed a serious issue with Email or Gmail apps really, but the Email app seems to only load one new message at a time when I tell it to refresh, even if the screen is cleared of all messages and empty.

When plugging the phone into a computer via USB, it seems like the phone registers that it's now USB capable immediately (used to take a second or so I think). When you tell the phone to use USB storage, it takes maybe a second and a half to two seconds to load, but is immediately recognized by the computer. When selecting "Turn off USB storage," the phone appears to unmount immediately. Seems to be okay so far, but I'm thinking it might be wise to place a small buffer time and perhaps even a secondary check (Are you sure you wish to unmount?) in the mount/dismount process to prevent any accidents (i.e. unmounting during a data transfer).

Not sure if it was intended, but when putting the phone into Car Mode, the bottom row of touch buttons (back, menu, home, search) stays lit, and is unresponsive.

These are the only things I've noticed so far, I don't really know whether they could be classified as true bugs, but I thought them worth mentioning.

Gallery seems to render camera images much faster. 5Mpixel used to take a few seconds, it's near-instant for me, even without the OC kernel. Gallery seems to pre-render images for faster viewing when sliding through them while already viewing one image. Even Photobucket, a traditionally slow app for me, seems to be markedly faster (sans-OC kernel). Memory management appears to be considerably better here too. I don't know whether you have a preset enabled that forces the phone to keep a certain amount of RAM free or not, but I can't seem to open enough things to push the phone under 50MB remaining RAM. Also: with every application I could possible open and background from my tray, everything still feels extremely fast.

Thanks for the great release, keep up the good work.

lokiju

Reaction score
Issues I've noticed so far.
Browser force closed once.

When syncing with exchange mail and enabling calendar sync, cpu utilitation is at a constant 100% for some reason. As soon as I disable just exchange calendar sync, usage drops to nothing. This drained 20% of my battery in roughly 1 hour.

Some apps auto reinstalled and while I could launch them by going into market then downloads, selecting the app and picking open, these same apps had no icon in launcher to launch them from.one app with this specific issue is astro file manager.

I did a clean install with doing a data and cache wipe 4 times. I also have the latest base band.

I will edit this post if I discover anything else.

Beyond the issues noted, everything seems very stable.

Thanks for your hard work!

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
Nice work man seems to run pretty smooth besides the few issues already been stated. Can't wait to see a full stable release pushed out.

For everyones reference tho the official VZW Froyo build is frf84 anf not frf83 like people are thinking. It is moving to finally testing now on there end and and word is it should be pushed out last week of July or first week of August there abouts.

Skrizle McDizle

Reaction score
Not sure if it is just me but I can not sync my Facebook contacts. Besides that, all is running pretty good.