(updated 5-31) The SHIZ (ESE81 - Built from Source) **7 Theme Choices**

Kibblre

Reaction score
NexTheme installed quickly and runs nice. Installing the 1.1GHz kernel was just as easy. However, when I try to run a script (for example addhandcent [I've flashed the goodies folder for the record]) I get the following lines of text:

/system/xbin/mountsys: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied
cp:cannot create 'system/app/handcent.apk': Read-only file system
/system/xbin/unmountsys: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied
Added themed handcent!

Anybody know how to fix this error? I'm new to the whole rooting scene and this is my first time using scripts in Terminal.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to type su. Now I have a new problem. When adding extra apps, where do they go? I can't seem to find them after I use the scripts. Also, the live wallpaper scripts aren't working either. It says "Changed lwp to (wallpaper)! Image created by prosh" but my old wallpaper is still there.

I need to check out the live wallpapers. I was in a rush and might have not added the right goodies folder. Until then you can still change the lwp in rom manager or in the goodies thread in the jrummy section. They are all available as update.zips

I've flashed the goodies folder and the apps and live wallpapers scripts don't work. Pretty much all the others do. I don't see an option in ROM Manager to change lwp.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
gallery sucking up cpu

Just thought id give my 2 cents that the gallery randomly will get stuck pulling about 80% cpu until I kill it. Even after a simple reboot the gallery is just stuck bogging the whole system down. Its only happened maybe 3 times or so...

FunnelWeaver

Reaction score
Using the 1Ghz jdlfg kernel I had two random reboots yesterday. I've since switched to the P3Droid 800Mhz kernel, but I thought I should mention it here.

zedsded

Reaction score
The only question I have has to do with Skype. I use it quite a bit and I'm getting an error that says it can only be used on a Verizon phone. I haven't had this issue on other ROMs so I was wondering if there is already a fix for this somewhere.

Having the same issue with Shiz. Anyone else?

dcaum

Reaction score
Running this rom for three days now...

Red version, P3 800 kernel. No problems downloading. No issues using it. Nice work.

Reaction score
This is my first time trying anything by JRummy, Im coming from BBv1.1 which is awesome but Im getting alot of rebooting and Im not trying to run a kernel under 1ghz. Its odd cus I could run V1 on every kernel just fine. I really like JRummy's Red Shiz. Ive been messing with everything all day really enjoying it but I am having a problem with running some scripts. For the most part I know what Im doing, Ive read how to do it numerous times. I got the LWP and Boots working but everytime I try to put in a font (fontcomic) it boots and just stays at the Motorola screen. Like I said everything else is working find and have got the font to work before but ya know how it is when you change ROMs, I tend to change stuff all day long till I find what I like

Yeah I just tried a few more fonts, all got me stuck at the Moto screen. Any help? Am I missing something

Last edited:
OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is my first time trying anything by JRummy, Im coming from BBv1.1 which is awesome but Im getting alot of rebooting and Im not trying to run a kernel under 1ghz. Its odd cus I could run V1 on every kernel just fine. I really like JRummy's Red Shiz. Ive been messing with everything all day really enjoying it but I am having a problem with running some scripts. For the most part I know what Im doing, Ive read how to do it numerous times. I got the LWP and Boots working but everytime I try to put in a font (fontcomic) it boots and just stays at the Motorola screen. Like I said everything else is working find and have got the font to work before but ya know how it is when you change ROMs, I tend to change stuff all day long till I find what I like

Yeah I just tried a few more fonts, all got me stuck at the Moto screen. Any help? Am I missing something

I just found this issue today. I am going to start looking into it right now. for now just don't change the font.

Reaction score
Yeah I found that out after 10 restores haha. Odd I had "fontcomic" working at one point then I did something else to get me stuck at the Moto boot. If you could just keep us updated when its fixed, which Im sure you already planned on. I am please with your work tho. Thanks for the hard work

MrSpeed3

Reaction score
i was wondering what if anyone was running a kernel. i want to put one in my droid just donr know witch one to go with.

Reaction score
Any update on the Facebook Sync problem? The sync option isnt there. I have read thru the posts and havent seen anything on a solution. I know its not the error fetching data thing it was doing a few days ago.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If anyone has the v0.7 goodies folder will you please pm me. I am retarded and lost them. thanks.

btw, Will work on facebook sync tonight.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok everyone, re-download the goodies and flash it and the font scripts will work.

Last edited:

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
i was wondering what if anyone was running a kernel. i want to put one in my droid just donr know witch one to go with.

I am using the Chevy 1.25MV 5 slot kernel that JRummy posted, I never ran a kernel above 1.0 before but figured I would try it. Phone is so much more responsive and it has been running cool as well, I do think my Droid runs better with SV/MV(standard/medium voltage) kernels than LV(low) kernels.

Reaction score
Jrummy, Im assuming the goodies in ROM Manager arent updated? I'm at work so that's all I can use right now an I downloaded goodies and got stuck on the MOTO logo. if I download the zip an install via ROM Manager can I still use the scripts or is that only thru ROM Manager

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Jrummy, Im assuming the goodies in ROM Manager arent updated? I'm at work so that's all I can use right now an I downloaded goodies and got stuck on the MOTO logo. if I download the zip an install via ROM Manager can I still use the scripts or is that only thru ROM Manager

should be working. I just installed via rom manager, ran a font script, rebooted and it's good. don't know your issue. maybe delete the goodies folder off your sdcard and install again.