update

malax001

Reaction score
I think my phone downloaded the update but it doesnt seem to have improved. how do i check if it has or hasn't downloaded it?

OP
M

malax001

Reaction score
it seems slow when i slide the screen from left to right even though i have nothing on those screens it still seems to lag.

kixtand

Reaction score
I thought it was just me, but I've also noticed that the screen seems to lag a bit more than it did before the update.

Additionally, I, for one, am not happy with the change to the lock screen. I found the "arced" version easier to use with one hand...

Anyone else experiencing a decrease in performance, speed related or otherwise??

kix

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You jusr need a little time with the new lock to get use to it. It may be a little bit jerky initially but with practice you'll forget all about the arch.
Change sometimes is a difficult thing but overall the benefits of the update outweigh these very minor annoyances.

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
My phone seems to work slower as well. And slides between home screens lag for sure.

I really don't have a problem with sliding the unlock straight instead of the arch, but to be honest, this new one just don't work the same. The release response is horrible. That is a problem. I'm all for doing something different cause its a better option, but something thats less responsive is not a better option in my mind. The whole phone is just less responsive.

Unfortunate!

mr.ellsworth

Reaction score
should be configurable

I guess I haven't noticed the lag but what bothers me is the change to the slide lock. It was much easier to answer the phone while driving when the slide was an arch. This should be made so you can configure it how you like. The other thing I noticed is it seems like the power control widget has gotten bigger.

rammerjammer83

Reaction score
goes black screen after call

Since the update everytime i get done with a call my screen does not light up for me to end call. I even try sliding the keyboard up and still nothing. I have to do a battery pull after every phone to get my phone to work again until the next phone call. Anyone else have this problem?? or anyone firgured out how to fix it???

JRunner01

Reaction score
Since the update everytime i get done with a call my screen does not light up for me to end call. I even try sliding the keyboard up and still nothing. I have to do a battery pull after every phone to get my phone to work again until the next phone call. Anyone else have this problem?? or anyone firgured out how to fix it???

Just hit the button at the top of the phone near the head phone port. Thats what I found I Need to do to get the screen back on to end the call.

Deuel

Reaction score
To check your firmware version: Press the menu button @ the bottom of the phone, select settings, select About Phone @ the bottom of the list, Firware version will be 2.0.1 if you've updated.