update

SBacklin

Reaction score
Well, I woke up this morning and checked my phone and I got the update notification on my Eris. I live in Seattle, WA. It didn't take long to install. I will report back when some time has passed and I have had a chance to see how this update helps the phone. I can say right now that the rollercoaster signal problem seems to have at least stabalized. I was hoping for at least a bit improvement in the signal. I will see how the signal is in a few days too. Sometimes in my area, the signal seems a bit weaker when the weather is severe such as heavy rain or extreme cold like it is now....BRRRR. Lol.

edit:....well, I have to change my mind about the fix for the signal thing. The signal still seems to be flaky and weak. I have to say I am upset about this. We wait all this time for an update and it really doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

3nd0Man

Reaction score
Don't really notice any difference on my Eris. Kind of a letdown. Was hoping for some major fix that would come with this update. I do like the fact they finally fixed the press the end call button once to bring it out of sleep. I've hung up on several phone calls trying to wake the screen back up (pushing trackball works).
Strangely, my wife's Eris, which is under the same family plan has still not received the update (I received on the 10th). Spoke to the Verizon tech who said that this OTA update would be rolled out in spurts all the way up to the 15th of this month.

xliderider

Reaction score
Well, I woke up this morning and checked my phone and I got the update notification on my Eris. I live in Seattle, WA. It didn't take long to install. I will report back when some time has passed and I have had a chance to see how this update helps the phone. I can say right now that the rollercoaster signal problem seems to have at least stabalized. I was hoping for at least a bit improvement in the signal. I will see how the signal is in a few days too. Sometimes in my area, the signal seems a bit weaker when the weather is severe such as heavy rain or extreme cold like it is now....BRRRR. Lol.

edit:....well, I have to change my mind about the fix for the signal thing. The signal still seems to be flaky and weak. I have to say I am upset about this. We wait all this time for an update and it really doesn't do anything.

Did you update to the latest PRL that was just released? Do a *228 option 2, the latest PRL (51716) helped with my wife's low signal issues on her Eris.

Check your PRL version in Menu, Settings, About Phone, Status.

VACaver

Reaction score
I did the update on Thursday and the only difference I've noticed is that my phone has locked up twice...which hasn't made me happy.

noles200

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten this update. I'm hoping it comes soon.....but it doesn't seem like anthing major. I would really like something that helps improve the battery.

SBacklin

Reaction score

Did you update to the latest PRL that was just released? Do a *228 option 2, the latest PRL (51716) helped with my wife's low signal issues on her Eris.

Yes, I did. My brother has the Moto Droid and it behaves in the same way. 4 bars, 0 bars, 3 bars, 1 bar, 0 bars, 2 bars....it can't make up its mind.

crazy650

Reaction score
ok i dont like the way to slide the lock screen thats ****ty i liked the old way up and down dont like i like the angle better

steelydan

Reaction score
Just push the menu button rather then the wipe motion and you are good to go!!!

SBacklin

Reaction score

Yes, I did. My brother has the Moto Droid and it behaves in the same way. 4 bars, 0 bars, 3 bars, 1 bar, 0 bars, 2 bars....it can't make up its mind.
Has anyone else been having this? This is really frustrating. Last night.....of course the update had already been applied, I had dropped to 1X several times in an area that I've never had an issue in before. I was with my brother at the time who had the Moto Droid too and his was doing the same thing. What is it with these Droid phones that can't stabalize a good signal? This is beyond ridiculous.

posey46

Reaction score
Mine has also dropped several times to 1x just went it is sitting next to me. I haven't tried to use it yet but I am at home where I have always had great signal.

SBacklin

Reaction score
Yeah.....wasn't this flaky signal thing supposed to have been fixed?