update

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by bfoster, Nov 21, 2013.

1. bfoster

bfoster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    When will the bionic get the kit Kat update? If there isn't anymore updates for this phone, witch one would you recommend then. Without updates thus phone will become a paperweight. Lots of other phones already have the updates.

2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Motorola has already stated that the Bionic will remain on OS 4.1.2.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

3. brom

brom Member

Ratings:
    +5
  4. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +125
    The Bionic is end of lifed. As of last week its not even supported by Asurion (insurance). If you break your Bionic they are replacing with Razrs.

5. Nezdude87

Nezdude87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love cm11. It has some quirks, but I'm using it as a daily driver as of this morning. Whoever wants a taste of kitkat should definitely this a try. I couldn't believe my bionic got to experience kitkat in its lifetime, lol.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

6. Stinson317

Stinson317 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Thanks for the cm11 link. Bionic on kit kat. Who would have guessed. Running the 11/25 build. So far so good :). Figure this at least extends the life of the bionic until Jan. Come on let's see some smartphone innovation to entice me from the kittykat bionic.

7. rcblate

rcblate Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Question, I have moved on from the bionic but want to root it and add kitkat. Never rooted before. Can someone walk me through:
    1. Rooting the device;
    2. Which link to use for kitkat. The link to the page is helpful, but there are a lot of options on the page. I want to get this right.

Thanks.

8. Stinson317

Stinson317 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Go to root bionic sticky. After root, Download and install safe strap. Go to CyanogenMod targa downloads. Go to Nightlys. Grab latest 11.0.

9. mikeexplorer

mikeexplorer Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I only recently updated the phone to Jelly Bean, Since it was rooted and such, I left it on Gingerbread for a long time until it was dropping calls more frequently. I decided to update it to see if it solves the problem and I must say so far so good. The phone is running better then it ever did and so far the dropped call issue seems to be resolved. I see no reason for awhile to abandon this phone even though I could upgrade now. Is there really a difference with Kit Kat?

Prior to this Bionic I had the HTC Eris and I installed the Cynogen Mod 7 to it and that made a huge difference with that phone. I upgraded from it since it has limited memory, but I still have it loaded with some games when my Girl wants to play them. I give her the Eris to play with rather then draining my phone :biggrin: So its still useful to this day thanks to the Cynogen Mod.

Mike

10. Stinson317

Stinson317 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    I think Kit Kat is the os this phone was waiting for. Feature wise, not sure if you'd update just based on a feature by feature comparison. However Kit Kat is actually developed to work with list hardware requirements. Overall my phone feels faster. I must admit I like flashing the dailies. For me cm 11 with Nova launcher gives me hope, no confidence that I can't wait out the current upgrade choices and see what's next.

11. rcblate

rcblate Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Does kitkat for bionic have the webdock capability?

Also if it does, I want to root the phone and add it. However, I have never done that before and have zero clue for what to do. Help please.

12. Stinson317

Stinson317 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    I know moto stopped support for webdock awhile back. I found this out there on xda

For android 4.0+ webtop is just android in tablet mode so everything is working as it should. Motorola stopped supporting webtop a while back.

As for root, the hardest part is getting your PC setup. So the good news part of it is you're not going to brick tour phone if you can't get by the of install. It's been awhile since I setup the PC, but as with most things follow the instructions and it goes easy. Actually took my sons phone through the rooting part of it and it really is quite easy. Find and follow the sticky on this site.

Search tags for this page

add webtop cm11

bionic kitkat webtop

bionic update cm11

bionic xt875 kitkat

cm11 on moto bionic

droid x cm11 recovery update zip

kit kat update bionic

when is kit kat update for droid dna

will cm11 on droid bionic have webtop

witch cm11 .zip download will work on gt-p5113