Update?

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Friend of mine sent me a text saying he received the jelly bean update about an hour ago.... That can't be true right?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No, it's not true. Samsung just said today that Jelly Bean is coming to the S3 soon. And they are of course referring to the international version, not the carrier-branded versions, which will come later.

Don't get too anxious waiting for the Jelly Bean update on any U.S. S3, particularly the Verizon one.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
It would be funny if we got JB before the nexus got it. I don't think that it will happen but it would be funny

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I also think that we could be seeing JB very soon because the note 2 is very similar to the S3. But the problem is how long does Verizon need to test it out.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
The Nexus owners(me being a former)would yell "crucify Google."

I still have a nexus that I play around with but every time I pick it up I start to get mad at verizon. I think that the nexus has got the least amount of updates for phones that have come this year with the exception of the phones that have came out in the last 2 months.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I also think that we could be seeing JB very soon because the note 2 is very similar to the S3. But the problem is how long does Verizon need to test it out.

Your second sentence negates the first. :)

The international unlocked version of the S3 will see Jelly Bean fairly soon, but the Verizon version won't. For Verizon (and other carrier branded models), a custom version of the software is needed, so it takes longer to create. And then, as you said, Verizon has to test it, which always takes a while.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
It would be funny if we got JB before the nexus got it. I don't think that it will happen but it would be funny

A JB test build leaked last night for the Toro Nexus so I'm thinkin the OTA wont be far off. Not that I care! :happy3:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

The international unlocked version of the S3 will see Jelly Bean fairly soon, but the Verizon version won't. For Verizon (and other carrier branded models), a custom version of the software is needed, so it takes longer to create. And then, as you said, Verizon has to test it, which always takes a while.

There may be some good JB roms ported over from the Int'l version to help with the wait! :)

jgmecarter

Reaction score
bsweetness said:

I understand how the update process goes but thank you for refreshing my memory. I get the fact that my 1st sentence negates my first sentence but my hope is that Verizon will change there ways and update this phone very quickly. But we both know that won't happen. Crap I did it again I contradicted myself again. At least this time I corrected myself and I saved you the time for doing it for me.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I understand how the update process goes but thank you for refreshing my memory. I get the fact that my 1st sentence negates my first sentence but my hope is that Verizon will change there ways and update this phone very quickly. But we both know that won't happen. Crap I did it again I contradicted myself again. At least this time I corrected myself and I saved you the time for doing it for me.

Save the sarcasm for someone who wasn't genuinely trying to help explain the process to those who may not understand why certain models of the S3 will receive the update before the U.S. models. There are a lot of people who use this site that won't know that.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Save the sarcasm for someone who wasn't genuinely trying to help explain the process to those who may not understand why certain models of the S3 will receive the update before the U.S. models. There are a lot of people who use this site that won't know that.

I see how this works you can make dumb comment but I can't make one back. Considering that you copied my post and commented on it I thought you were talking to me. When you copied my last post was that for everyone else as well. I am sorry if I made you mad but I just figured that if you could be sarcastic I could be sarcastic as well. My bad I guess I was wrong

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I see how this works you can make dumb comment but I can't make one back. Considering that you copied my post and commented on it I thought you were talking to me. When you copied my last post was that for everyone else as well. I am sorry if I made you mad but I just figured that if you could be sarcastic I could be sarcastic as well. My bad I guess I was wrong

Calm down. My post quoting yours wasn't meant as sarcasm. I was just pointing out and agreeing with what I thought you were saying, and then following that up with a further explanation. Your next post came across as angry sarcasm towards a post that was intended to be helpful, and that's not something that is tolerated on this board. If that's not what you intended, then you have my apologies. But that's how the post reads.

Last edited: