update

rpdonald

Reaction score
Cyberpolice said:
What type of update would that be? :what:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm just saying that the only updates will be bug fixes. My wife has a D2G and although it was thrown in the coffin by Verizon last year it has gotten at least one bug fix since it got gb last summer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

hayn

Reaction score
I heard there might be an update for the RAZR hd? Is this true?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm sure there may be one soon since djrbliss unlocked the bootloader. If you are interested in that, I would not take it, if/when it comes.

bfoster

Reaction score
When will the bionic get the kit Kat update? If there isn't anymore updates for this phone, witch one would you recommend then. Without updates thus phone will become a paperweight. Lots of other phones already have the updates.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When will the bionic get the kit Kat update? If there isn't anymore updates for this phone, witch one would you recommend then. Without updates thus phone will become a paperweight. Lots of other phones already have the updates.

The Bionic is end of lifed. As of last week its not even supported by Asurion (insurance). If you break your Bionic they are replacing with Razrs.

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Cm11 is here if you want kit kat. http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/omap4/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

I love cm11. It has some quirks, but I'm using it as a daily driver as of this morning. Whoever wants a taste of kitkat should definitely this a try. I couldn't believe my bionic got to experience kitkat in its lifetime, lol.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Thanks for the cm11 link. Bionic on kit kat. Who would have guessed. Running the 11/25 build. So far so good :). Figure this at least extends the life of the bionic until Jan. Come on let's see some smartphone innovation to entice me from the kittykat bionic.

rcblate

Reaction score
Question, I have moved on from the bionic but want to root it and add kitkat. Never rooted before. Can someone walk me through:
1. Rooting the device;
2. Which link to use for kitkat. The link to the page is helpful, but there are a lot of options on the page. I want to get this right.

Thanks.

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Go to root bionic sticky. After root, Download and install safe strap. Go to CyanogenMod targa downloads. Go to Nightlys. Grab latest 11.0.

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
I only recently updated the phone to Jelly Bean, Since it was rooted and such, I left it on Gingerbread for a long time until it was dropping calls more frequently. I decided to update it to see if it solves the problem and I must say so far so good. The phone is running better then it ever did and so far the dropped call issue seems to be resolved. I see no reason for awhile to abandon this phone even though I could upgrade now. Is there really a difference with Kit Kat?

Prior to this Bionic I had the HTC Eris and I installed the Cynogen Mod 7 to it and that made a huge difference with that phone. I upgraded from it since it has limited memory, but I still have it loaded with some games when my Girl wants to play them. I give her the Eris to play with rather then draining my phone :biggrin: So its still useful to this day thanks to the Cynogen Mod.

Mike

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I think Kit Kat is the os this phone was waiting for. Feature wise, not sure if you'd update just based on a feature by feature comparison. However Kit Kat is actually developed to work with list hardware requirements. Overall my phone feels faster. I must admit I like flashing the dailies. For me cm 11 with Nova launcher gives me hope, no confidence that I can't wait out the current upgrade choices and see what's next.

rcblate

Reaction score
Does kitkat for bionic have the webdock capability?

Also if it does, I want to root the phone and add it. However, I have never done that before and have zero clue for what to do. Help please.