Update

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I would like to have the official update,I had so much problem with this phone,I love the bionic, but seriously this is getting old. The phone is driving me crazy, can someone give me some advice?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I'm still running 5.5.893, this sucks i'm ready to throw my phone out the window.

silentsecret

Reaction score
Well first give us info as in what your finding wrong with it?

silentsecret

Reaction score
893 is the latest ota currently as of today. The 901 you have read about is supposedly a accidental release.

OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
My phone keep on blinking out when I try to slide my screen on, I stay on 3g& I live in the city. Half the time my web doesn't work at all, my icons just disappear. Just to name a few problems.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Hate to tell you this, but sounds like a factory data reset would help.

Unfortunately, you will get to set the handset up again if you do this.

Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset.

If you decide to apply the "accidental" OTA, 5.9.901, do so at your own risk. There is a link on mediafire.com floating around somewhere with the file.

Moto/VZW uncorked the genie, no putting it back into the bottle now.

Good Luck,

RMD

OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
Thanks,I have talked to VZW and we have factory set it but to no avail. I don't know if I should call them again I was trying to wait for the official OTA version but this is getting annoying.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Well, you can ask them to ship you a refurb handset.

They seem to think that is the solution to all problems Bionic.

<EDIT>: There are some reports of them pushing the 5.9.901 OTA to people who have been having data issues.

You might try that on them.

Tier Two or three will likely be the ones with the ability to do so if they can do so.

Good Luck,

RMD

Last edited:
OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I pass on the refurbish phone, I'll take my chances and wait. They could at least change the phone, I didn't pay for a used/ refurbished phone, so I surely don't want to settle for less, they should be helping the Bionic owners.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Dude, they helped you by taking your money. Apparently as a VZW customer, you have no right to expect more.

Bummer, but they will eventually get this right for us. Its the waiting that is the killer.

Be strong.

Good Luck,

RMD

OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
Lol, you are so right..all we can do is wait....that's the issue.

nateohio

Reaction score
I pass on the refurbish phone, I'll take my chances and wait. They could at least change the phone, I didn't pay for a used/ refurbished phone, so I surely don't want to settle for less, they should be helping the Bionic owners.

I'll never understand this mentality. Just out of curiosity, When do you consider a phone used? Because for me and most other potential buyers, almost new = Used. Your phone became used the second yo ubroke the seal on the box.

I've actually had really good luck with the CLNR phones I've gotten from verizon. I've NEVER gotten one that you could actually tell was used, they all have looked new.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I'll never understand this mentality. Just out of curiosity, When do you consider a phone used? Because for me and most other potential buyers, almost new = Used. Your phone became used the second yo ubroke the seal on the box.

I've actually had really good luck with the CLNR phones I've gotten from verizon. I've NEVER gotten one that you could actually tell was used, they all have looked new.

Agreed. Good point

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Chris.Inc2

Chris.Inc2

Reaction score
I'm just saying as my own preference I'll rather wait for the update than too return the phone too get the same phone that I started off with, I'd just keep my original phone.
To each its own and you right I opened my box so it made it mine, not a previous user. So again, it's a matter of choice.
Point taken...Point made!

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
A refurbished phone as a replacement for a new phone should also come with a credit for the difference in price. Why pay for new when you actually have a refurb?

Still rocking the OG Droid using Tapatalk!!!