Update?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by rumblee1, Nov 30, 2011.

  1. rumblee1

    rumblee1 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2011
    Messages:
    421
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    What ever happened to that bionic update we were spouse to get?

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
     
  2. aaf709

    aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2009
    Messages:
    4,180
    Likes Received:
    49
    Trophy Points:
    178
    Location:
    So Cal
    Ratings:
    +49
    At the end of October the announcement was that it would be "30 to 60 days" so they have until the December to comply with that announcement.

    There are several threads with "leaked" updates if you want to try them. At the moment I'm not inclined to install any of them people have had it work great, followed by worse operations in a couple of days. I'm not experiencing the data drop as others so I don't mind waiting.
     
    #2 aaf709, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  3. bluezdawg

    bluezdawg Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2009
    Messages:
    557
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Boulder, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +11
    You can play OTA Update Roulette. Talk to different folks at Verizon and get different answers. It's kinda fun but frustrating at the same time :blink:

    As stated, best thing right now, be patient and wait till the end of December (with luck sometime in between now and then), or, try the "leaks" such as .894 that are flying around. Me, gonna watch the .894 threads till this weekend then decide whether to take the plunge. Key for me is if the leaks really help the network drop issue which is my biggest headache.
     
  4. ccsoty

    ccsoty New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2011
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's weird, I seem to remember people saying in September/early October that an update would be out sometime in November.

    With all this data connectivity issues, they should at minimum provide each customer on the Bionic a pro-rated cash return based on at minimum a $30 monthly data fee for however long the customer has had this phone.
    They're basically providing a product and charging for a service where there are known issues with their product and it's not working as intended. That doesn't sound too legal to me.
    Kinda like selling a car when they know the wheels will very likely fall off when going speeds of 55mph.

    RECALL

    I suppose they're playing the statistics with which is a worse financial impact (potential lawsuits vs. recall). They've already blown their Reputation Risk out the water IMO. I'll think extra hard before getting another Motorola Product in the future(on my 3rd Bionic BTW...), and may very likely switch VZ carrier too. Both companies are probably in bed with each other or on the golf courses. :p