Update?

rumblee1

Reaction score
What ever happened to that bionic update we were spouse to get?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the end of October the announcement was that it would be "30 to 60 days" so they have until the December to comply with that announcement.

There are several threads with "leaked" updates if you want to try them. At the moment I'm not inclined to install any of them people have had it work great, followed by worse operations in a couple of days. I'm not experiencing the data drop as others so I don't mind waiting.

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
You can play OTA Update Roulette. Talk to different folks at Verizon and get different answers. It's kinda fun but frustrating at the same time :blink:

As stated, best thing right now, be patient and wait till the end of December (with luck sometime in between now and then), or, try the "leaks" such as .894 that are flying around. Me, gonna watch the .894 threads till this weekend then decide whether to take the plunge. Key for me is if the leaks really help the network drop issue which is my biggest headache.

ccsoty

Reaction score
That's weird, I seem to remember people saying in September/early October that an update would be out sometime in November.

With all this data connectivity issues, they should at minimum provide each customer on the Bionic a pro-rated cash return based on at minimum a $30 monthly data fee for however long the customer has had this phone.
They're basically providing a product and charging for a service where there are known issues with their product and it's not working as intended. That doesn't sound too legal to me.
Kinda like selling a car when they know the wheels will very likely fall off when going speeds of 55mph.

RECALL

I suppose they're playing the statistics with which is a worse financial impact (potential lawsuits vs. recall). They've already blown their Reputation Risk out the water IMO. I'll think extra hard before getting another Motorola Product in the future(on my 3rd Bionic BTW...), and may very likely switch VZ carrier too. Both companies are probably in bed with each other or on the golf courses. :p