update

angelbabii25

Reaction score
i woke up this morning and got a system update. does anyone know whats its for?

OP
A

angelbabii25

Reaction score
oh ok thanks. I researched to see if the original droids will be getting 2.3 gingerbread. Unfortunately, we wont be getting. Also, is there anyway you get swipe on the droid 1 to?
Thanks.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Heres what motorola is saying the update fixes:
*Sporadic issues with unintended recipient list corrected for text, picture, video, and audio multimedia messages
*Correct message populates when messaging application is opened and quickly accessed

If your rooted there are gingerbread rom's available. As for swype, the last I looked the beta was still open. Just go to their web site and sign up for it. I don't know how it compares, but there is an app in the market called SlideIT.

Swyped from a Droid

mg8199

Reaction score
Angel, if you want Swype then you need to be "invited" after registering for the beta. They would have sent you an email. I believe I read recently that they opened up for registration again.

MQAAord

Reaction score
Heres what motorola is saying the update fixes:
*Sporadic issues with unintended recipient list corrected for text, picture, video, and audio multimedia messages
*Correct message populates when messaging application is opened and quickly accessed

I have had that issue, BAD! I hope the update fixes it.

MQAAord

Reaction score
I have had that issue, BAD!

I could see how that would be bad. Hopefully this update will fix that. If it doesn't, I highly suggest rooting. Ive never had that problem even with the latest gingerbread rom's.

On two separate occasions my Droid (Original) has put a received text in the wrong thread (telling me that someone sent it, who I *know* did NOT send that particular text). It even went so far as to SEND a text to the wrong person too! Then, a couple seconds later, ALL my texts are gone! Now, thankfully I don't send, um, *adult* texts to anybody, but good golly the issues that could occur if a phone was sending the "wrong" messages to the "wrong" people.. if ya know what I mean!! :icon_eek:

For me it was just an annoyance, but I could see that issue causing some REAL problems in some situations. Hopefully this update will keep texts going to and showing from the correct people.

OP
A

angelbabii25

Reaction score
restarting

I have had that issue, BAD!

I could see how that would be bad. Hopefully this update will fix that. If it doesn't, I highly suggest rooting. Ive never had that problem even with the latest gingerbread rom's.

On two separate occasions my Droid (Original) has put a received text in the wrong thread (telling me that someone sent it, who I *know* did NOT send that particular text). It even went so far as to SEND a text to the wrong person too! Then, a couple seconds later, ALL my texts are gone! Now, thankfully I don't send, um, *adult* texts to anybody, but good golly the issues that could occur if a phone was sending the "wrong" messages to the "wrong" people.. if ya know what I mean!! :icon_eek:

For me it was just an annoyance, but I could see that issue causing some REAL problems in some situations. Hopefully this update will keep texts going to and showing from the correct people.

lol! that happens to me sometimes to. Verizon is FINALLY sending me a refurbie phone. Hate them, always have bad experiences with them, but current droid wont even let me unlock. the screen is totally unresponsive, then goes back to being normal, freezes up, force closes, goes into random apps on the phone, and restarts and turns off by itself. Has a mind of its own.

josh

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, it just seems to be draining the battery even faster than before.

OP
A

angelbabii25

Reaction score
@ josh, it is, I charge my phone 4 times a day or even more now. Its rediculous.

MQAAord

Reaction score
Really? I haven't noticed any faster battery drain on mine [yet]. I got the update a few days ago now, and I haven't noticed any differences.