Update

cbted

Reaction score
I just updated to VS93011A. Via usb to pc. Had to select usb connection on the phone to internet connection via ethernet. It was a 1.14 gig file.
I Sent a question to Lg about what the update does. But it is unlikely they will reply.
Only difference I noted, in the phone, was a change in the settings for Backup assistant Plus.
Was not sure but the selections in the Developer options looked different. However, I never played with these Developer options before, so I am
not sure. However, looking at these options, particularly under the App heading, I may start playing with them.
Is there a discussion forum or the like for using these Developer options??

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I just updated to VS93011A. Via usb to pc. Had to select usb connection on the phone to internet connection via ethernet. It was a 1.14 gig file.
I Sent a question to Lg about what the update does. But it is unlikely they will reply.
Only difference I noted, in the phone, was a change in the settings for Backup assistant Plus.
Was not sure but the selections in the Developer options looked different. However, I never played with these Developer options before, so I am
not sure. However, looking at these options, particularly under the App heading, I may start playing with them.
Is there a discussion forum or the like for using these Developer options??

What is the android system listed as? 1.14gb should/could be a pretty extensive change

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

micrors4

Reaction score
LG will probably get back to you, they were pretty good when I asked about any chance of bootloader unlocking.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Enabling Debugging and used the "Recovery Phone" option in the LGMobile Support Tool. Software downloaded 1.1Gb update. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. Now running VS93011A.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
What is the android version? I just got some news from someone and this might be good news for the vzw issues.

tooter1

Reaction score
What is the android version? I just got some news from someone and this might be good news for the vzw issues.

From what I remember its still 4.0.4

TrdLtly

Reaction score
That is what I am showing (4.0.4). All the specs are the same as I posted previously except the VS93011A.

lord_verminaard

Reaction score
Just did the update on my Spectrum 2 as well, OTA showed up to date, but I plugged the phone in to the PC via usb-ethernet and used the VZW upgrade tool and sure enough, it said there was an update. Now I am VS93011A, Android version 4.0.4 and Kernel 3.0.8 just like the others have said.

Some other things of note, I was rooted before and also had used Gemini App manager to freeze some of the bloat, it appears as though the apps are still frozen, but I have lost my root. I will find out if re-rooting it is performed the same way as before.

Thanks,
Brendan

Zrunky

Reaction score
When I was in the store exchanging my first Spectrum 2 for another due to the accelerometer suddenly failing, the clerk/tech said that it was a known problem and that LG was releasing an update to fix it. This was a day or so before the 11A update came out. Don't know if that had anything to do with or if she didn't know what she was talking about.

stemo

Reaction score
The new update for the razr m 98.30.1(or at least in my case) made me lose root access.