Update

andysom25

Reaction score
Okay my phone is rooted but I recently flashed the stock rom and tried to update and I still get an error and hazard sign when I try to load new update I have just rerooted although no roms are running now, can anyone help me get this update working ?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
Awesome want to get in touch on like aim or msn messanger or something or want to skype or email at some point ? What will work best for you

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
MUST HAVE LG MOBILE UPDATER INSTALLED AND USB DEBUGGING ENABLED!

To enable USB Debugging: Settings>Applications>Enable USB Debugging

Download LG MOBILE UPDATE TOOL W/ ALLY DRIVERS (Only if you do not have either one of these installed)

UPDATE: If you are having issues please download these drivers: LGAndroidDriver, install and then follow the instructions.

Update 9/08/10: It has recently come to my attention that if you have used roms and custom recovery and you try to restore to stock you get stuck at the A N D R O I D screen.
The Fix: Boot into recovery and wipe data+cache and dalvik cache then restore to stock again.

Update 11/04/10: User Mael has recently pointed out to me that he is using windows 7 ultimate (i'm running home premium) and he was having a problem with the files he downloaded being blocked my win7's security settings. Right click on the cab file and if it displays it is blocked because it came from another PC, unblock it. do this for the vs740 folder as well. make sure sub folders and files are included. Thanks to Mael for this solution.

Step 1: If you haven't done so already download VS740.zip
and save to the root of your C:\ drive.

Step 2: Open the zip file, and drag the folder to the root of your C:\ drive

Step 3: Open this folder that you have just downloaded.

Step 4: Rename the cab file to VS740ZV6_01.cab (If you do not see the .cab extension DO NOT add it. Also You may not have to rename it if you downloaded it as the same name.)

Step 5: Extract the zip file's contents to this folder and connect USB cable to phone.

Step 6: Run KP500-Utils-En.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and as an Administrator.
(Only if you are not running windows xp)

Step 7: Choose option J.

Step 8: Type VS740 when it prompts for phone model number. Press Enter.

Step 9: Type VS740ZV6_01.cab when asked for the cab file. Press Enter.
(You do not have to tell it what directory the cab file is in)

Step 10: Type VS740ZV6_01 when prompted for the version. Press Enter.

Step 11: It should now tell you it is loading and the familiar lg manual updater screen will appear with a log window below
and start reading information from your phone and then it will flash it.
If the firewall says its trying to access the web allow it.
Your phone will switch to a screen that displays the LG and Verizon Wireless logo and say: DOWNLOADING! DO NOT UNPLUG!

It will flash the update to your phone and takes around 20 minutes to complete.
Once complete it will boot up and show the word android on the screen.

It looked like it hung at that screen but it didn't it just took a while. Around 10 minutes.

Once this is complete you may unplug your phone from USB.

UPDATE!: After you finish flashing stock rom, Power off and press and hold
Vol Down+Home+End and when it loads back up open the dialer and dial *#*#CHECKIN#*#* to force your phone into downloading the v8 update. and then VZB Update

Congratulations! If successful you now have the stock LG Rom. Enjoy!

i am not responsible if you brick your phone.

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
this worked for my. therefor if you do damage your phone i am not responsible. i do not own this information either. i got it by research. good luck!!!!:)

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
Thank you see although this is the method I used first and everything flashed just fine although the update would prompt and then I would get android guy with hazard sign and then I would just reboot phone.... :( any ideas ? Or should I just try doing this again ?

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
I will be on in just a few !

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
hey man im sorry but i cant get on instant message right now but yes i think you should try the method again and letme know if it works for you

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
Thanks man I will try again and let you know I will add you on google though so we can talk just in case

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
Well I did all this and its been about 30 mins no updates been pushed to me yet :( advice ?

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
Just wait. And it might take a while for the update to be puched to your phone

OP
A

andysom25

Reaction score
haha alright but when would it be considered too long of a wait?

thebamaboy787

Reaction score
Wait another 6 hours if it don't install then factory reset, after you factory reset then go to system update and if there are noupdates installing then do the checkin