1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Update.zip to get nexusmod, and Laucher2.apk working on all ESE53 ROMS

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by woodyman, Mar 22, 2010.

1. woodyman

woodyman Beta Team Developer

got an update.zip working HUGE credit to adrynalyne to get this working..

download below
    place in root of sdcard
    reboot into recovery
    make a backup [just in case]
    allow update.zip
    install update.zip
    reboot

THIS INCLUDES a Laucher2 app..

now nexusmod and Launcher2 apps WILL WORK ON ESE53 BASED ROMS... :)

DOWNLOAD HERE.!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so i have a solution to everyone using a ESE53 build but can't get the nexus mod or Launcher2.apk to work, it took me some time to figure out but i got it so that all the livewallpapers work and are interactive and can use the Launcher2.apk.. i know BB and Ultimate droid already have this, but if someone could tell me how to create an update.zip i could post and you would be able to apply this to smokedglass and simply stunning or any other ESE53 ROM that doesn't have those working.. or i could just send someone the directions and files needed and they could create it..

idk if people are interested in this or not, so please let me know and if you know how to do this please let me know.. :icon_ banana:

just thought i'd through this out there, cause i've spent a good amount of time today getting nexusmod, and Launcher2.apk working, and after i did then the other live wallpapers wouldn't work so i had to fix those too.. wasn't that hard, just tedious and i was hoping to make it easy for everyone..

kinda like someone did with the livewallpapers_update.zip for the 2.0.1 ROMS..

long post.. lol.. sorry
  2. woodyman

Anyone.? Help please..
  3. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Premium Member Premium Member

Well I for one would really like launcher 2 to work with smoked glass 6.0.1 but I don't really know the steps to take to do this. I could care less about the 3D drawer, I just miss the launcher bar with the phone and browser buttons. I don't like icons on my screen at all. I for one wish I could help you, because I would love to get it to work also.

I tried GDE so i could have buttons, but don't like the choppiness.
  4. woodyman

yeah i felt the same way.. im going to try some things later if i cant get an update.zip i'll post the files needed and complete instructions.. :)
    :icon_ banana:
  5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

An update.zip is pretty easy to do and I can help later, but I just want to say I've done this hack and it destabilized my system, esp. with incoming calls always FCing the phone app. So beware.
  6. hybridtracer

hybridtracer New Member

Hey adrynalyne, cool to see you on android now. I loved all your omnia roms in the days of old.
  7. woodyman

I've had this hacked for about a day with no issues.. and I used the same files and such from ultimate droid v8 and noones having problems, you may have missed some files I'm not sure, but everything is fine for me.. there about 8 files that u need to replace, that's what I did at least..
  8. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Sorry to have kind of gone off the radar woodyman. I have seen and been keeping up with all your releases and got to say they are looking great. Been kind of quite on my end cause the wife has been getting a little worked up on the amount of time that I was spending with modding my phone, but anywho.. She is out right now so looking into the update.zip thing. I will see what I can work up in a short period of time, otherwise looks like you are being lead in the right direction. I really want to get the launcher2 going with SS, and have been hitting walls trying different launchers that are coming out.

Oh yeah and on a side note your boot animation is the best. I did a little change for myself and made it blue, but that is cause I like blue. My friends think I like blue to much since everything on my phone I have turned to blue at this point, but whatever.. Keep up the great work.
  9. Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr New Member

Did you or anyone find a way to fix that?
  10. woodyman

Yes, I have no issues and neither does ultimate droid, I don't think BB has any issues either, so this is a reliable fix, I just need to crete an update.zip.. I've been using my droid over a day now and I havnt had any FCs I'm going to release this in my ROM later today.. with no issues.. :)
  11. dickdow

dickdow New Member

woodyman - off topic, but I clicked the link in your signature because I'm looking for some different fonts and I couldn't get the skaggzFont to install via Meta. Are they not compatiable with 2.1 ESE53, smoked glass v6.0? I'm also running the Helix launcher, does it need to be in system/app for the fonts to load?

thanks in advance for the help.
  12. adrynalyne

I'm certain I didn't miss files.

And there are only three that actually make a difference.
  13. adrynalyne

Yeah, I went to Cyanogenmod. :D
  14. adrynalyne

Actually, shop around a little, you will find others that have this problem on BB, and probably UD as well.
  15. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Premium Member Premium Member

Must..........Contain..........Excitement:yahoo:
  16. woodyman

Yep you missed them.. lol, i though the same thing at first man figured the 3 were it but theres actually more.. thats probably why your having issues..
  17. adrynalyne

What files are they?
  18. woodyman

well we also have to remember all models are different, for example some can overclock to 1.2 ghz with no problems while others can't use there droid that high without a lot of issues..

and im not BS-ing here, try out my ROM the newest is Succulent Desire 2.5 and let me know if you have those issues, it works flawlessly on my droid, and i also flashed to my friends and my girlfriends and i've checked with them both and it has been flawless so far.. it might just be your droid or ROM.. not sure man..
  19. adrynalyne

*sigh*

What files are they?
  20. woodyman

all of the livewallpapers ones, about 5 or so, i know you probably think this is dumb but so did i.. i had problems without updating them and i was about to give up then i figured i'd give it a try and no no issues..
    also im sure you transfered the right files, but if you didn't then it wont work either..

tell me how to compile an update.zip and it will be a simple fix for everyone.. :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page

laucher2

livewallpaperspicker android

set perm( framework.jar

update.zip apk

update.zip working