1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

update.zip help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by INSANENEIVIESIS, Apr 10, 2010.

1. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

can a dev or something look over this update.zip to make sure its correct. im starting to make custom live wallpapers and i think update.zip is the easiest way to do it. i just dont want to screw up someones phone cause i made it wrong.

thanks.
  2. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

Did anyone ever help you with this? I would like to create an update.zip file to reapply my own theme after updating ROMs. I'm not trying to get in the theme business, I just want to be able to reapply my personal theme I copy and pasted from several different themes. I know how to use metamorph and push the framework-res file through adb after making changes, but an update.zip would be handy and I could do it on the fly instead of waiting for some quiet time with my PC. Anyone know where to find a good how-to for update.zip?
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I would ask a mod to move it to the dev area to get some looks.
  4. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS New Member Developer

i bit the bullet and just trued it on my phone and yes this one works
  5. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

Can you point me in the right direction as to how you figured out how to do this? I am really struggling with this. Step-by-step instructions would be nice, but I'll settle for any info or websites you can point to. I have dredged through xda and alldroid for the last couple of days and my head is about to explode.