1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

update.zip help

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by SSSeraph, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SSSeraph

SSSeraph New Member

So here's the story:

(First off, let me say that I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but I'm thinking that I might have a particularly unique situation going on.)

I have a DX, that I recently rooted. Today I decided I wanted to expand my knowledge of rooting and whatever-whatever and install a custom ROM. Specifically, a theme. Figured it'd be easy enough, right?

Well yeah. Maybe. If you didn't herpaderp like I did.

I installed ROM Manager and Bootstrapper, and after what seemed like forever, I got my DX to boot in Clockwork. I tried installing the .zip from my sdcard, and it worked. Ish. It threw me into a boot-loop where it would show the new themed DROID doodad, and then just repeat indefinitely.

(Second off, let me just say that I realize I'm a complete and total idiot for not backing up initially. Thing is, I backup'ed several times in ROM Manager and thought nothing of it.)

Because I didn't have a back up to pull from, I tried several things, including reinstalling the .zip, to no avail, and clearing the boot cache thing, also to no avail. I tried clearing several meaningless caches, also to no avail. Finally, after about two hours of un-success, I tried doing a factory reset. TO NO AVAIL.

See where this is going?

Anyway. After that failed, I tried formatting different sections of my phone. I decided I should start with System. I'm ashamed of myself for having to say that. Anyway, as you can imagine, when my phone rebooted, it just showed the Motorola symbol ad infinitum. I can get it into the Android System Recovery, but the only four options I have are all meaningless and won't do anything: Reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. I've tried the first, third, and fourth options wildly in random order hoping to god I hadn't bricked my phone. No luck.

So I decided that update.zip was my best option. Here's the problem. Everything I try to run from update.zip doesn't not have verification. The error message is E:signature verification failed. Installation aborted. is there anyway I can bypass this? Or is there anyway I can get an update.zip that will allow me to install the system files and actually have an operational phone?

I appreciate your help on this one. I'm really dreading the conversation I might have to have with one of the Verizon reps otherwise.
  2. phalstead

phalstead New Member

All herpaderps aside, at least you're willing to ask for help first as opposed to running to verizon and creating unnecessary stress for yourself.

That being said, what I think may have happened is the zip you're installing isn't update.zip. Its possible its update.zip.zip. Now that you've borked your /system folder, your best bet is to SBF back to 2.3.340 and start over. There's quite a few threads that detail how to do this and provide links for you to obtain the necessary files. The only thing I'm going to stress to you is to not try to use maderstock.zip to get you back to 340. If you were previously on rooted Gingerbread, there will be a few extra steps you'll need to do to get you back to square one, but you should be up and running again within an hour or so. Just pay attention, double check everything, and next time before you try to flash a zip, make a backup and ensure your file isn't .zip.zip. If you need further assistance, let us know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. SSSeraph

SSSeraph New Member

I appreciate the post.

I'll look for one of the posts to SBF, and try it out. Expect either a fail or a win by tonight.
  4. blueis300

blueis300 New Member

Search tags for this page

bypass e signature verification failed

bypass e:signature verification failed
bypass signature droid x

bypass signature verification android

e signature verification failed droid x

how to bypass e – signature verification failed

how to bypass e signature verification
how to bypass e signaturt varification failed
how to bypass signature verification failed in android