Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
this is a new failure now >.<

E: signature verification failed
installation aborted

Thanks for your help in this.

Ok....not sure what the issue is. This is a droid and not a milestone correct?

OP
E

erich

Reaction score
yeah droid...got it the day it came out.....I put sholes on it long ago and just tonight I put droidmod v1.0 on. Then was looking around and wanted to try the cynagogen mod, i know i just butchered the name, so i went back to stock and have not been able to gain root back.

OP
E

erich

Reaction score
all the update.zip files i have been trying to use seem to be ESD20-ESD56 upgrades and i am currently ESD56.....so does that mean i just need a different file to merge with superuser?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
yeah droid...got it the day it came out.....I put sholes on it long ago and just tonight I put droidmod v1.0 on. Then was looking around and wanted to try the cynagogen mod, i know i just butchered the name, so i went back to stock and have not been able to gain root back.

Well I don't know what's going on with it. At this stage I would say go to droidmod.org and download dmupdater to your phone to get root back. You didn't need to go all the way back to stock to try cyanogen mod.

So now try dmupdater, just root and get sprecovery, don't install the rom then can point you to get cyanogen....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
all the update.zip files i have been trying to use seem to be ESD20-ESD56 upgrades and i am currently ESD56.....so does that mean i just need a different file to merge with superuser?

That shouldn't matter really. I was on esd56 when I rooted. What process did you use to go back to stock?

OP
E

erich

Reaction score
i used the dmu to go back to stock, and now I used dmu to get rooted again! That work like a champ.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i used the dmu to go back to stock, and now I used dmu to get rooted again! That work like a champ.

Well there ya go.....if you want to try cyanogen mod just get rom manager from the market and it will flash clockwork recovery and then you can instal cyanogen. Good luck.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
flashing clockwork as we speak

I'll tell you now I don't have any experience with clockwork or cyanogen. If you run into trouble I can try and help but might have to wait until morning if I can't get you through it.

OP
E

erich

Reaction score
no problem man thanks so much for the help!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do; I am using clockwork so i can help

frozty

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem :\
I can't root my phone :[

I get this every time I try tried all sorts of things.

Code:
E: EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Last edited: