Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by mickdroid, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Richdd

Richdd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here here Hymizzle!
    And last I checked, the topic here is for the Galaxy S as well. Not just the Fascinate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

2. Jamis0n

Jamis0n Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Which is why the hyphenated topic is fascinate.

8pened!

3. Jamis0n

Jamis0n Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody have any luck with any rumors? I know we all have had the ups and downs with the previous ones but I still need some hope
    -_-..

8pened!

4. Jst$In$Tme

Jst$In$Tme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rooting gives you google. Christmas is the rumor for the update but bing will still govern your phone. Rooting can be dangerous if you overclock or lag fix improperly due to overheating the processor. Otherwise you're safe. Rooting allows you to customize your phone and won't prevent OTA unless you install a rom or lag fix. I have OCLF lag fix. I will have to uninstall it before updating OTA but it is one click unlike voodoo. Root smart and you won't have a problem. Check out android central if you decide to go this route.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

5. Jamis0n

Jamis0n Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the feed back.

8pened!

6. cpagelan

cpagelan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No Update

:r_c:Here's a lovely bunch of coconuts: Preliminary reviews of 2.2 for galaxy S, are said to be ever more unstable and incompatible than 2.1, and possibly will not be released. (Or so I've been informed by Verizon, friends in Taiwan, and Samsung in Texas.) Love the lack of support. Had my new Fascinate Galaxy S for 48 hours. Buggy as hell; Navigation (Google) doesn't work, phone mode proximity sensor malfunctions constantly leaving me with mute or random numerical key-stroking with my face. Screen refuses to stay active during a call. Lower hot keys are not illuminated until you touch them, resulting in unwanted action until you memorize the configuration. Ah, yes, my favorite being that the $85.00 worth of home/car dock accessories I purchased will not function accept to charge. No music through entertainment system or auto audio system. And the bloody docks cover the jack. It does state on a minuscule orange tag on the actual product, (one must remove it from the packaging first) that the items audio will not work until the release of 2.2! These are just a few things wrong with the thing. Exchanged once. Attempt at returning failed as well. Informed that since I paid cash, they (Verizon) can only issue a check and it will be 4-6 weeks before I see the money. Talk about double standards. Is the super Amoled, gorilla-glassed monstrosity worth this irritation and insult? I think not. :icon_evil:

7. Lostcase

Lostcase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    very well said. At least in my situation, I was able to find solace knowing that I the Fascinate is now a BOGO. I bought two Oct. 27th, called VZW and asked them if they can refund me 199.99 for one of the phones since I was still in my 30 days. I actually called in 2 days after my 30, and they were still able to credit me. Which was awesome. Great looking phone, horrible software.

8. cpagelan

cpagelan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A bit of cheer at something free. As you said: Great looking phone, (and for my own opinion, some excellent hardware)...lousy software. Couldn't agree more.

9. Swvapunk69

Swvapunk69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wished all of yall would quit your crying this phone works great. Even with out the updates it great. I think those if you that cry about all this and that would do it about anything u had.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

10. fluidj

fluidj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously dude....this phone is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The proximity sensor works exactly as it should, move the phone 1/2" from your face and the screen reactivates...that's how it SHOULD work. Learn how to hold the phone steady on your face and you won't have any issues. Google navigation works just fine. If the sats don't pick up and lock fast enough for you then simply installing the GPS Fix app is free and takes mere seconds and takes care of your GPS lock issues immediately.
    Seriously...how long does it take to memorize the location and layout of 4 buttons??? Sheesh...gimmie a break.
    As for the accessories.??....meh. I can take them or leave them.

By far the Fascinate is one of, if not the best Android offering on Verizon right now. The screen is hands down the best, the processor speed and dedicated GPU is in a class of its own. The appearance of the phone appeals to all types. Screen transitions are smooth. Built in software beats every other Android set on verizon right now. The music player, swype, nuance voice command, gallery, built in task manager, etc....
    c'mon....the phone is great.

11. danwanna

danwanna Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from the D1 and D2 so I've had Froyo for months and months on my other devices and I really don't miss it that much. The only major gripes I have about the phone out of the box were related to the GPS and installing the leaked DJ05 update totally resolved those issues as well as a few minor ones.

I 100% agree on the accessories though. I can't believe they even sell a Media Dock that completely prevents you from plugging in speakers. I was pissed about that as well. I ended up bringing the media dock to my office where I just use it for charging and use the Spare Battery Charging Kit as a stand in the bedroom. It isn't as nice as the media dock, but I can plugin two wires and it works.

Don't get me wrong, I really want 2.2 to be released too, but I still prefer the Fascinate with 2.1 to my D1 or D2 with 2.2.

12. kcadrenalin

kcadrenalin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You.
    I couldn't agree more! I dropped my Droid at the gym and shattered the glass. I didn't have insurance and was just over a year into a 2 year contract so I figured I was going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one outright or maybe upgrade to the X. While at the store (Nebraska Furniture Mart) I kept looking at the fascinate. I loved the way it looked and felt and the store model was def smoother operating than my droid which was rooted and running BB 0.5. For $79 bucks after rebate I figured why not give it a try - worst case, I give it to the wife. So I bought it, took it home and rooted, added wireless tether, downloaded all my favorite apps and have been very happy with it. Does it have issues? sure it does but no more than any other phone. I haven't found anything yet that I couldn't work around with the exception being the weak signal. Strangely enough, I actually get a better signal at home (I live way out in the country) than I did with my droid but everywhere else it's not as good. I haven't experienced any of lag that everyone else has complained about, in fact, I think even in stock form this phone changes screens smoother and quicker than my BB 0.5 Droid. All in all this has been a great phone for me so far.

Search tags for this page
galaxy fascinate 2.2
galaxy fascinate 2.2 update
galaxy s verizon update 2.2
samsung fascinate galaxy s sch-i500 update
samsung galaxy s sch i500 update

samsung galaxy s sch-i500 2.2 update

samsung told me my samsyng galaxy s faciniate has 3 updates
sch-i500 update 2.2
update for samsung galaxy s fascinate
verizon galaxy s update 2.2