Update version 2.2 for Galaxy S - Fascinate

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by mickdroid, Sep 26, 2010.

1. christiansectas

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so done with this BS from Samsung..Three days ago I decided to swap my Fascinate for the Droid X...already has 2.2 and will have gingerbread and all the future updates in time...I loved my fascinate but this is getting too ridiculous specially the GPS fix among other issues...Three days ago I talked to a verizon rep (A knowledgeable one, finally) and he said that the FASCINATE FROYO will be ready around January-March 2011...as soon he told me that, samsung anounced the same info...So Im going back to my roots, I was a proud Droid 1 owner, not HAIL THE "X" ...Good luck to you guys :)

2. Jst$In$Tme

Jst$In$Tme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted and added launcherpro plus but my google search widget sill searches bing. However voice search searches Google. How do change all my quick searches to google? Does anyone know or have a link that will help me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

3. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i wouldn't expect someone that purchased a captivate to understand what i'm talking about.

4. avoltech

avoltech Member

Ratings:
    +0

Maybe this will help.
    I think we are allowed to post video links.

5. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and you also have to use a third party launcher if i remember correctly. i really don't like the idea of running a launcher on top of touch wiz. and i'm not sure, but i'd imagine you then lose your samsung apps as well. also, what i want is for the soft key to open up google... because it's my phone. the 2.2 update will be fine with the widget added to the home screen, but it's just the principle of the whole thing.

i really hope we're not waiting until next year for the update, that is INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6. Jst$In$Tme

Jst$In$Tme Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you avoltech.

7. avoltech

avoltech Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jst$In$Tme. Glad to be of some help. :)

8. Mylt1

Mylt1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. shdowman

shdowman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Create a bookmark in your browser for Google. Then assign your browser icon in LauncherPro to that Google bookmark. Simple.

As you've likely read here, your soft key search is still tied to bing unless you root and change.

That is how I did it at least. Works for my purposes.

10. powell730

powell730 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will have to search as to what I did but I know nothing about rooting and was able to install google as my main search no matter where I click.. If I hit my search on the soft keys it goes through google. It took me seconds, no root, no software running in the background or anything. It's like bing doesn't exist on my phone

11. Hymizzle

Hymizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nerdkill, really? rant, rant, rant. You bought a phone with Bing on it and your whining about it like all the other whiners. Guess what? thats old news, yes it has Bing on it, GET OVER IT. I've read alot of rants but yours tops the cake. Yes it can easily be fixed. I forget that I have Bing on my phone, my soft key goes straight to Google. Dolpin Browser goes straight to Google. Make Mobihome or Google your home page. Its not rooted, just using Launcher Pro Plus, its doesnt lose your Samsung apps, geez.

How is your wife's phone affecting your life? I mean really?

Dumb phone? I'm surrounded by friends with Iphone 4 and their always envy of my phone and how I can easily I can customize it, better camera, better videos, superior screen, reception, free Redzone. I wouldn't trade it for an Iphone, and its not even on Froyo yet.

Every phone has bugs and everyone has an easy fix on it. Mine runs smooth as butter because I take time to know what steps to take. GPS problem? Download GPS Status and Tools and run it with Google Maps. Problem fixed until the maintenance update that is coming really soon.

12. shdowman

shdowman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree...original poster is quite overkill on this. Phone is not THAT BAD. I think it does suck not having froyo indeed and yes, IMHO, this is the phone that I feared vzw would release with the Droid. Phone admittedly has its little bugs and lags and that is due to Samsung not having had perfected their overlay. I run launcher pro on mine and that makes it much more bearable ( and would do the same with froyo as I did on my Droid). I rarely use GPS so its not something I notice. But when I have to, it is certainly annoying waiting for a lock. But fix is coming and soon. Bing, agreed that it was foolish of vzw to take advantage of the "openness" of this software. But you had to know that it was coming. The advantage we have is that it can be fixed, so fix it and stop having an aneurism over it.

I've said it before, this is arguably the best hardware combo on the market right now. Its just been handicapped by substandard software. Sad really, but, much love to the dev community for giving us an array of options to make it our own.

If your wife is happy with it, let her be happy with it. I think there are some cool features Samsung has built in to touch wiz that are kinda cool. I'm sure she likes how.easy it is to use. Let it go man....let it go....

Search tags for this page
galaxy fascinate 2.2
galaxy fascinate 2.2 update
galaxy s verizon update 2.2
samsung fascinate galaxy s sch-i500 update
samsung galaxy s sch i500 update

samsung galaxy s sch-i500 2.2 update

samsung told me my samsyng galaxy s faciniate has 3 updates
sch-i500 update 2.2
update for samsung galaxy s fascinate
verizon galaxy s update 2.2